The Genesis G70 is a compact luxury executive sedan model produced and sold by the luxury automaker Genesis Motor. The smallest sedan model currently offered by Genesis, the G70 is priced and sized below the Genesis G80 midsize executive sedan and the Genesis G90 full-size executive sedan.
The first debut of the Genesis G70 was as a concept vehicle shown at the 2016 New York International Auto Show. After its official debut as the 2018 Genesis G70, the luxury vehicle was named the 2019 North American Car of the Year, with second and third place going to the Honda Insight and Volvo S60/V60 respectively.
The 2022 model year of the Genesis G70 received a facelift for its first and current generation. Additionally, a Shoot Brake wagon model of the G70 has been manufactured but is only available in Europe. Current competitors of the G70 in the luxury compact sedan market include the Audi A4, the BMW 3 Series, the Cadillac CT4, the Mercedes-Benz C-Class, and the Lexus IS.
- 2022 Genesis G70 (Starting MSRP $37,525)
- Pros: The Genesis G70 compact executive sedan comes with an incredibly upscale cabin, joyous handling, and seems way more expensive than it is, making it value-packed for a luxury car.
- Cons: The baseline engine of the G70 is somewhat mediocre for a high-class sedan, and its rear row of seats is snug.
- See Also: G80 and G90
- Is the Genesis G70 a good family car?
- Can the Genesis G70 perform on winter roads?
- What are the most common problems of the Genesis G70?
- Genesis G70 vs. Alfa Romeo Giulia