The Honda CR-V is a compact SUV model produced and sold by the Honda Motor Company. The CR-V is currently the best-selling vehicle from the Honda catalog, dethroning the reigning champ of the Honda Civic compact sedan, as SUV models have continued to grow more popular. However, the Honda CR-V isn’t just popular compared to other Honda models. It’s one of the most popular SUVs in the entire automotive market!
The first Honda CR-V model was given a limited release in 1995 at select Honda dealership in Japan. It later debuted at the 1996 Chicago Auto Show and was released as the 1997 Honda CR-V shortly after. Initially only a modest success, the CR-V’s sales numbers and critical accolades grew over time as the brand continued to fine-tune and improve the compact SUV model.
Now, the Honda CR-V is one of the top-rated and best-selling vehicles in its class, often going toe-to-toe against the Mazda CX-5 and Toyota RAV4 in the ranking of both critics and everyday drivers. Additional competitors include the Ford Escape, the Hyundai Tucson, the Nissan Rogue, the Subaru Forester, and the Volkswagen Tiguan.
- 2022 Honda CR-V (Starting MSRP $25,750)
- 2022 Honda CR-V Hybrid (Starting MSRP $30,960)
- Pros: The Honda CR-V SUV is safe, spacious, fuel-efficient, and suitably powerful for all of your travel needs.
- Cons: Some CR-V competitors offer more power, and its baseline engine can get noisy when accelerating too quickly.
- See Also: HR-V and Pilot
- What are the best trims of the Honda CR-V?
- How long will a Honda CR-V last?
- How efficient is the Honda CR-V Hybrid?
- Honda CR-V vs. Honda Accord