The Genesis G90 is a full-size luxury executive sedan model produced and sold by the luxury automaker Genesis Motor. The largest sedan model currently offered by Genesis, the G90 is priced and sized above the Genesis G70 compact executive sedan and the Genesis G80 midsize executive sedan.
A successor to the Hyundai Equus luxury sedan, the Genesis G90 is the Genesis luxury vehicle division’s first and flagship model. The G90 was designed by Peter Schreyer, an auto designer behind dozens of Kia vehicles, including the Kia Stinger sports sedan, as well as the original Hyundai Genesis. The G90 debuted in South Korea as the Genesis EQ900 and later went on sale in the American market after a premiere at the 2016 North American International Auto Show.
Currently in its first generation, with a facelift for the 2020 model year, The G90 is also available as a long-wheelbase version (G90L) in South Korea. The luxury competition of the Genesis G90 includes the Audi A8, the BMW 7 Series, the Mercedes-Benz S-Class, the Lexus LS, and the Volvo S90.
- 2022 Genesis G90 (Starting MSRP $73,950)
- Pros: The Genesis G90 full-size executive sedan has a very low price in comparison to its competitors. Additionally, it has a wildly comfortable interior, soundproof cabin, and smooth-operating powertrain options.
- Cons: The handling of the G90 could be tighter, and its fixed rear seating means the model lacks a lot of cargo space.
- See Also: G70 and G80
- How safe is the Genesis G90?
- Is the Genesis G90 being canceled?
- What are the most common problems of the Genesis G90?
- Genesis G80 vs. Genesis G90