This vehicle is a British brand with a small collection of SUVs designed for luxury, off-road 4WD capability, and performance. The brand started with the high-end Range Rover in 1970 and later introduced the mid-range Discovery and the base Freelander line. Lastly came the Defender.
Since 2010, the automaker has introduced a 2WD option after building 4WD exclusively for 62 years. The company was started in 1978. Before this, it was a product line called the Rover Company. In 1994 the company was acquired by BMW for a short while and then was sold to the Ford Motor Company in 2000.
However, the company was bound to switch hands one more time in 2007 after Ford announced it was selling the brand along with jaguar Cars to Tata Motors. In 2008 the sale was finalized and established as Jaguar Land Rover Limited. Since then, they have produced these luxury SUVs for those that desire luxury.
Featured Vehicle: Defender
About BMW | Mercedes-Benz
Range Rover: A high-end luxury vehicle with hybrid capabilities and an electric version coming in 2024.
Discovery: It has a premium design with a wider and lower stance for adventurous families.
Defender: A great addition with intuitive technologies and luxuries.
- Comfort: Owners Say the Range Rover Is ‘Very Comfortable’ But ‘Very Unreliable’
- EVs: A Land Rover Defender Hydrogen Fuel Cell EV Is in the Works
- Hybrids: The 2021 Kia Niro Is 1 of the Most Fuel-Efficient Hybrid SUVs to Buy
- Performance: The 2022 Land Rover Range Rover Only Looks Familiar
- Reliability: Land Rover Is the Worst Car Brand You Can Buy for Dependability
- Safety: How Safe Is the Land Rover Defender?
- Technology: Land Rover Has the Coolest but Most Useless Feature You’ll Find in a Vehicle