Range Rover is the flagship luxury SUV from the British automotive brand Land Rover. The Rover Company — which created Land Rover and subsequently Range Rover — released its first model in 1970. Range Rovers became available for sale in the United States in 1987.
Today, most of these SUVs are made in the company’s main factory in Solihull, England. The Range Rover is a versatile vehicle, with various body styles, models, and packages for customization. For example, it now offers a long-wheelbase body style that seats seven. There are also mild hybrid and plug-in hybrid versions for eco-conscious consumers.
But Range Rover is more than a vehicle; it’s also a family of crossover SUVs. The lineup includes the original Range Rover, the sleeker and sportier Range Rover Sport, the midsize Range Rover Evoque, and the compact Range Rover Velar.
About Land Rover
- 2022 Range Rover: Starting MSRP $104,000
- Pros: This full-size all-wheel-drive SUV offers a clean design, a roomy cabin, and an ideal balance of refinement and off-road prowess.
- Cons: The 2022 model has a hard-to-use infotainment system, less cargo capacity than competitors, and a high base price.
- See Also: Range Rover Sport
- Why are Range Rovers so expensive?
- How many miles will a Range Rover last?
- What’s the difference between the 2022 Range Rover Evoque and 2022 Range Rover Velar?
- The Evolution of the Range Rover: 4 Generations at a Glance