Genesis Motor, LLC is a luxury vehicle automotive manufacturing division of the South Korean Hyundai Motor Group. As a relatively new automotive marque, Genesis has remarkably grown over its few years of existence, with the brand winning dozens of awards and its vehicle lineup earning praise for reliability, safety, technological innovation, and relative affordability within the market of luxury vehicles.
The Genesis brand began with the Hyundai Genesis executive sedan. During the development of the second generation of the luxury model, Hyundai decided to launch Genesis as its own division. After releasing the Genesis G90 as the brand’s first luxury model, the new generation of the Hyundai Genesis debuted as the Genesis G80.
After a few years of only selling executive sedan models, Genesis released the GV70 and GV80 luxury SUV models in 2020. Additionally, Genesis is currently focusing its efforts on producing luxury EVs, with the release of the electric Genesis GV60 subcompact SUV and an electrified Genesis G80 sedan expected soon.
Featured Vehicle: G70
All Genesis Vehicles:
G70: A very affordable compact executive sedan model
G80: A midsize executive sedan model initially branded as the Hyundai Genesis
G90: A full-size luxury sedan and the very first Genesis model created
SUVs and Minivans:
GV60: The upcoming debut of the brand’s first electric SUV
GV70: A compact luxury SUV model
GV80: A midsize luxury SUV model
- Comfort: Why U.S. News Calls the 2021 Genesis G70 the Best Luxury Small Car
- EVs and Hybrids: The Genesis GV60 Is the Luxury Brand’s First Dedicated Electric Car
- Performance: 2021 Genesis G70 3.3T AWD – Luxury Performance Built for the Winter
- Reliability: How Reliable Is the Genesis G90?
- Safety: The 2021 Genesis GV80’s First-Ever Safety Rating Is Eye-Opening
- Technology: The 2022 Genesis GV70 Is Perfect for Tech Lovers