The Corvette is a high-performance sports car manufactured by Chevrolet. It has been in production for more than 60 years, with eight design generations. The first model was introduced in 1953. The car has been manufactured in Bowling Green, Kentucky, for the past 30 years.
The Corvette is one of two sports cars in the automaker’s lineup. It is priced above the Chevrolet Camaro. The Corvette’s competitors include the Audi R8, Dodge Challenger, Ford Mustang, Porsche 911, and Toyota Supra.
Corvette awards and achievements include the ALG Redesign of the Year Award for the 2020 Corvette Stingray, Popular Mechanics’ Car of the Year for the 2020 Corvette C8, Best Buy by Consumer Guide for the 2021 Corvette, and Car and Driver 10 Best for the 2021 Corvette Stingray.
- Year established: 1953
- Inventor: Harley Earl
- First product: Chevrolet Corvette (C1)
- Headquarters: Bowling Green, Kentucky
- Subsidiaries: Corvette is a part of the Chevrolet brand, owned by General Motors.
- Stock symbol: GM
- 2022 Chevrolet Corvette: Starting MSRP $60,900
- Pros: The 2022 Chevy Corvette boasts exotic styling, supercar performance and handling, a low starting price, and a driver-focused interior.
- Cons: The 2022 Corvette lacks an available manual transmission, provides poor rear visibility, and offers little passenger comfort.
- Where Corvette cars are made: Since 1981, Bowling Green Assembly in Kentucky is the only place to build Corvettes. Over 1 million Corvettes have been produced here.
- Fastest Corvette: The Corvette C7 ZR1 is the fastest Corvette. It accelerates to 60 mph in less than 3 seconds and can reach 212 mph.
- Corvette reliability: A Corvette is expected to last for 150,000 to 200,000 miles.
- Corvette with the LS3 engine: The C6 Corvette
- Best-selling Corvette model: The C3 generation Corvette (1968-1982) is one of the best-selling generations.
- See also: Camaro
- The 2020 Chevy Corvette won another design award
- What is the best year of Corvette to buy?
- Chevy Corvette 1LT, 2LT, and 3LT: What’s the difference?
- How many miles will a Chevy Corvette last?