The Ford F-450 is a heavy-duty pickup truck model in the Ford Super Duty lineup of vehicles, including the Ford F-250 and the Ford F-450 pickup trucks. The Ford F-450 is the most robust Super Duty pickup truck, being all almost identical in design compared to the F-250 and F-350 but offering a higher payload and towing capacity threshold.
The F-450 nameplate didn’t appear in the Ford catalog until Ford created the Super Duty lineup of heavy-duty trucks in 1998. However, it did have many predecessors and inspirations from the history of Ford F-Series pickups.
With a heavier and more durable chassis and suspension than the lighter Ford F-150, Super Duty trucks like the Ford F-450 feature less speed but more power, offering enormous amounts of payload and towing capacity for heavy equipment, material, and property transportation.
- 2022 Ford F-450 Super Duty (Starting MSRP $51,380)
- Pros: Ford’s Super Duty models offer an incredible amount of horsepower and torque, especially with available diesel engines. Additionally, all Super Duty models are packed with features and provide expansive cabin options.
- Cons: While packed with power, the Ford SuperDuty models can be difficult to precisely control at high speeds. Additionally, lifted models aren’t the easiest to get into and out of for all passengers.
- See Also: F-Series and F-350 and F-550
- How does the Ford F-450 compare to other heavy-duty pickups?
- How much does the Ford F-450 cost to insure?