Is the 2024 Ford F-450 Limited Really Worth Over $100K?
In addition to multiple trim levels and options to find the ideal balance between features and cost, Ford offers different size classes for its heavy-duty pickup truck lineup. While the popular F-150 sees the most sales, the burly yet refined Super Duty F-450 sits at the top of the personal-use heavy-duty pickup truck segment. The Ford Super Duty F-450 Limited represents the pinnacle of the Ford Super Duty lineup, but is the 2024 F-450 Limited worth over $100K?
2024 Ford Super Duty F-450 lineup and prices
Ford offers the 2024 Super Duty F-450 in the following six trim levels and MSRPs:
- XL starting at $59,455
- XLT starting at $66,695
- Lariat starting at $79,665
- King Ranch starting at $92,090
- Platinum starting at $93,535
- Limited starting at $104,030
2024 Ford Super Duty F-450 Limited features
The $104,000 2024 Ford Super Duty F-450 Limited comes standard with popular features and Ford’s most potent drivetrain. The F-450 Limited trim includes the following features:
- Two-tone Limited Admiral Blue/Light Slate leather seats
- FordPass allows 5G Wi-Fi connections for up to 10 devices
- Ford telematics and data services
- Onboard scales with Smart-Hitch
- A 12-inch touchscreen with Ford’s SYNC4 system and enhanced voice recognition
- A 14-speaker Bang and Olufsen sound system
The 2024 F-450 Limited also comes standard with the most powerful drivetrain option for the lineup, including:
- A 6.7-liter HO Power Stroke turbo-diesel V8 with 500 horsepower and 1,200 lb-ft of torque
- A 10-speed TorqShift automatic transmission with Eco, Normal, Slippery, and Tow/Haul modes
- Standard four-wheel drive with auto-locking hubs and electronic shift-on-the-fly capability
Other Super Duty F-450 features include the following:
- A 3-inch trailer hitch receiver
- Steering damper
- Wide-track front mono-beam suspension with extended axle
- A limited-slip rear axle with a 4.30:1 gear ratio
- 19.5-inch polished forged aluminum wheels
How does this truck compare to the competition?
With up to 34,700 pounds of available towing and a maximum payload of 5,638 pounds, the 2024 Ford Super Duty F-450 doesn’t deliver a substantial upgrade over the competitors’ 3500 HD models. For instance, a properly equipped 2024 GMC Sierra 3500 HD has a 36,000-pound max tow rating and 5,127-pound max payload capacity and carries an MSRP under $100K.
The 2024 Ram 3500 Limited Longhorn trim equipped with the optional 6.7-liter Cummins HO turbo-diesel also starts under $100K and delivers up to 37,090 pounds of towing with a max payload of 6,560 pounds.
Similarly, the 2024 Chevy Silverado 3500 HD High Country trim equipped with the 6.6-liter Duramax turbo-diesel and dual rear wheels provides 36,000 pounds of maximum available trailering and a 7,234-pound max payload capacity with an MSRP starting under $90K.
Is the 2024 Ford Super Duty F-450 Limited worth over $100K?
If you’re looking for a heavy-duty pickup truck capable of towing heavy trailers for work or pleasure and hauling massive payloads, the 2024 Ford Super Duty F-450 presents a competent package. However, the competition meets or exceeds the F-450’s numbers with top-trimmed 3500 versions that cost less.
So, while the Super Duty F-450 Limited appeals to some consumers even with its high price tag, it pays to shop around for a heavy-duty truck that meets your needs at a price that leaves room for some toys.