The Ford F-250 is a heavy-duty pickup truck model produced and sold by the Ford Motor Company. The F-250 is part of the Ford Super Duty lineup of vehicles, including the Ford F-350 and the Ford F-450 pickup trucks. The Ford F-250 is sized and priced between the lighter Ford F-150 full-size pickup truck and the Ford F-350 Super Duty, which is almost identical in design but offers a higher payload and towing capacity threshold.
The Ford F-250 was originally introduced in 1953 within the second generation of the Ford F-Series of pickup truck models. In 1998, Ford created the Super Duty lineup of heavy-duty trucks, which features the F-250, F-350, F-450, and F-550 builds. With a heavier and more durable chassis and suspension than the lighter Ford F-150, Super Duty trucks like the Ford F-250 feature less speed but more power, offering enormous amounts of payload and towing capacity for heavy equipment, material, and property transportation.
- 2022 Ford F-250 Super Duty (Starting MSRP $35,200)
- Pros: Ford’s Super Duty models offer an incredible amount of horsepower and torque, especially with available diesel engines. Additionally, all Super Duty models are packed with features and provide expansive cabin options.
- Cons: While packed with power, the Ford SuperDuty models can be difficult to precisely control at high speeds. Additionally, lifted models aren’t the easiest to get into and out of for all passengers.
- See Also: F-Series and F-150 and F-350
- How reliable is the Ford F-250?
- How fuel-efficient is the Ford F-250?
- What are the most common problems of the Ford F-250?
- Ford F-150 vs. Ford F-250