The Honda CR-V compact SUV is currently the best-selling vehicle from the Honda catalog, dethroning the reigning champ of the Honda Civic compact sedan as SUV models have continued to grow more popular. However, the Honda CR-V isn’t just popular compared to other Honda models. It’s one of the most popular SUVs in the entire automotive market!
The first Honda CR-V model was given a limited release in 1995 at select Honda dealership in Japan. It later debuted at the 1996 Chicago Auto Show and was released as the 1997 Honda CR-V shortly after. Initially, only a modest success, the CR-V’s sales numbers and critical accolades grew over time as the brand continued to fine-tune and improve the compact SUV model.
- 2022 Honda CR-V (Starting MSRP $25,750)
- 2022 Honda CR-V Hybrid (Starting MSRP $30,960)
- Pros: The Honda CR-V SUV is safe, spacious, fuel-efficient, and suitably powerful for all of your travel needs.
- Cons: Some CR-V competitors offer more power, and its baseline engine can get noisy when accelerating too quickly.
- See Also: HR-V and Pilot
- What are the best trims of the Honda CR-V?
- How long will a Honda CR-V last?
- How efficient is the Honda CR-V Hybrid?
- Honda CR-V vs. Honda Accord