The Kia Seltos is a subcompact SUV model produced and sold by Kia Motors. As an alternative to the funky and fun looks of the Kia Soul, the Seltos is an equally affordable SUV with a more conventional look. The Seltos, taken from the name Celtos (the son of Hercules), is one of the newest and most affordable Kia models, made as a stylish entry in the class of subcompact SUVs to appeal to a younger generation of drivers.
Initially starting as two separate concept models (the SP Concept and SP Signature), the SP Concept was turned into an India-built Seltos. In contrast, the SP Signature was turned into a South Korean-made Seltos. Released simultaneously in India and South Korea in 2019, the Kia Seltos then spread to North America and other markets in 2020. However, Kia decided not to sell the Seltos in Europe, as drivers there already have their fill of smaller Kia models not available elsewhere, such as the Sonet and Ceed. The main competitors of the Kia Seltos include the Chevy Trailblazer, the Hyundai Kona, the Jeep Renegade and Compass, and the Subaru Crosstrek.
- 2022 Kia Seltos (Starting MSRP: $22,490)
- Pros: Something like the Soul with a more traditional look, the Kia Seltos offers plenty of standard features, sharp handling, a more room than expected out of a subcompact SUV.
- Cons: Its small size and slight engine make the Seltos an occasionally bumpy and inconsistent ride.
- See Also: Niro and Sorento
- How stylish is the Kia Seltos?
- How reliable is the Kia Seltos?
- How safe is the Kia Seltos?
- How much space is in the Kia Seltos?
- Kia Seltos vs. Soul vs. Sportage