The Kia Sorento is a midsize crossover SUV model produced and sold by Kia Motors. Originally offered as a truck-based body-on-frame compact SUV for its first-generation introduced in 2002, the Sorento was then redesigned and stretched to a midsize build. This puts its size above the Kia Sportage compact SUV and below the slightly larger Kia Telluride midsize SUV.
In 2020, Kia released its fourth- and current generation of the Sorento to drivers. This major redesign included all-new exterior and interior styling, better fuel economy and power for its standard engine, and hybrid and plug-in hybrid (PHEV) powertrain/model options as a first for the Sorento. Always a reliable and affordable family SUV option for consumers, the new Kia Sorento is now more powerful, more stylish, and more eco-friendly. Its major competitors include the Chevy Blazer, the Ford Explorer, the Hyundai Santa Fe, the Nissan Murano, and the Volkswagen Tiguan.
- 2022 Kia Sorento (Starting MSRP $29,490)
- 2022 Kia Sorento Hybrid (Starting MSRP $33,990)
- 2022 Kia Sorento Plug-In Hybrid (Starting MSRP $44,990)
- Pros: The new Kia Sorento is a much more attractive-looking offer after its redesign and boasts available hybrid and PHEV powertrains, a comfy interior, and smooth driving dynamics.
- Cons: The third row of the latest Sorento is cramped and uncomfortable for adult passengers and it lacks some of its competitors’ extra cargo space.
- See Also: Sportage and Telluride
- How far can a Kia Sorento travel?
- How safe is the Kia Sorento?
- How much space is in the Kia Sorento?
- 2021 Kia Sorento vs. 2021 Honda Passport