The Kia Soul is a hatchback/subcompact SUV model produced and sold by Kia Motors. You’re likely familiar with the Soul, even if you don’t know it by name. With a unique look, the Soul is perhaps the most striking motor vehicle on the road since the Volkswagen Beetle. First coming out when boxy models were all the rage, such as the Nissan Cube and the Honda Element, the Kia Soul is the only survivor of that era, becoming one of the most popular and best-selling Kia models year after year.
Funnily enough, the original vehicle concept from 2005 that eventually turned into the Kia Soul was modeled after a wild boar, wanting to convey an image of strength and capability. Now, on its third generation, the Soul isn’t known for being a powerhouse model but is still infamous for its looks and practicality. The Kia Soul is an unmatched value buy for car shoppers within the automotive market with standard features, ample space, and an incredibly affordable price tag. Its other compact and affordable competitors include the Buick Encore, the Chevy Trailblazer, the Ford EcoSport, the Hyundai Venue, the Nissan Kicks, and the Toyota C-HR.
- 2022 Kia Soul (Starting MSRP $19,190)
- Pros: The Kia Soul comes with an iconic look as well as incredible value as an SUV with a rock-bottom price tag.
- Cons: To offer its affordable entry-level price tag, many desirable performance and safety features don’t come standard on the Soul base model.
- See Also: Soul EV and Seltos
- How popular is the Kia Soul?
- How reliable is the Kia Soul?
- How long will a Kia Soul last?
- How safe is the Kia Soul?