The Acura MDX is a three-row midsize luxury SUV model produced and sold by the Honda Motor Company through the luxury Acura marque. Currently the largest model offered by the Acura brand, the MDX is a successor to the Acura SLX and Honda Horizon models (rebadged Isuzu Troopers) and is sized and priced above the Acura RDX compact luxury SUV.
The Acura MDX premiered in 2000 and is the luxury counterpart of the Honda Pilot, which was released two years later in 2002. The model was originally sold as the Honda MDX in Japan and Australia but was badged globally as an Acura model after the second generation debuted in 2008. Currently, the nameplate has just entered its fourth generation with the all-new 2022 Acura MDX model. Its current competition from other luxury vehicles in the automotive market includes the Audi Q7, the BMW X5, the Buick Enclave, the GMC Acadia, the Infiniti QX60, the Land Rover Discovery, the Lexus RX, the Lincoln Aviator, and the Volvo XC90.
- 2022 Acura MDX (Starting MSRP $47,200)
- Pros: The Acura MDX midsize luxury SUV has a sharp exterior worthy of its luxury presentation, a comfortable ride that handles and performs well on the road, and a cabin packed with the latest high-tech features.
- Cons: The third-row seating of the MDX is cramped and its fuel economy ratings are poor, even for a luxury model.
- See Also: RDX and SLX
- How reliable is the Acura MDX?
- How safe is the Acura MDX?
- Acura MDX vs. Cadillac XT6
- Acura MDX vs. Mercedes-Benz GLE
The 2022 Acura MDX Is Getting a Huge Performance Boost
Critics Are Split Over the 2022 Acura MDX
The 2020 Acura MDX Has 1 Glaring Weakness, According to Consumer Reports
Older Acura MDX Models Have a Serious Transmission Problem
Never Buy These Used Acura MDX Model Years if You Don’t Want to Burn a Bunch of Oil