The Nissan Armada is an off-road full-size SUV model produced and sold by the Nissan Motor Corporation. Catered toward the North American market of drivers who like their vehicles tough and giant, the Armada is a spiritual successor to the Nissan Xterra, but with much more size, space, and intimidation.
Originally based on the Nissan Titan truck, the Nissan Armada has been around since 2003 and has only had two generations during that time, in addition to a refresh in 2021 that brought new looks and features to the second generation. Already swanky on its own, the Armada also has a more upscale counterpart through Nissan’s luxury brand, offered as the Infiniti QX80.
The Nissan Armada is currently the most expensive option in the Nissan vehicle catalog outside of its sports and performance cars. However, with its size and price, the Armada puts that money to good use. Its other gigantic rivals on the market include the Chevy Tahoe, the Ford Expedition, the GMC Yukon, and the Toyota Sequoia.
- 2022 Nissan Armada (Starting MSRP $48,900)
- Pros: The Nissan Armada offers a rugged, standout look with plenty of standard features in addition to robust and reliable powertrain options.
- Cons: The power and style of the Armada are unfortunately paired with mediocre fuel economy ratings and an average, outdated cabin.
- See Also: Murano and Pathfinder
- How much space does the Nissan Armada have?
- Is the Nissan Armada worth its price tag?
- What’s included in the 2021 Nissan Armada redesign?
- Nissan Armada vs. Chevy Tahoe