The Nissan Xterra might be retired, but its design’s rugged nature and spirit survive in its sibling: the Nissan Armada. A full-size SUV catered only toward the North American market of drivers who like their vehicles tough and giant, the Nissan Armada is, of course, known for its size, space, and intimidating looks and presence on the road.
Originally based on the Nissan Titan truck, the Armada has been around since 2003 and has only had two generations during that time, in addition to a refresh in 2021 that brought new looks and features of the second generation. Already swanky on its own, the Armada also has a more upscale counterpart from Nissan’s luxury brand, offered as the Infiniti QX80.
The Nissan Armada is currently the most expensive option in the Nissan vehicle catalog outside of its sports and performance cars. However, with all of its size and price, the Armada puts that money to good use.
- 2022 Nissan Armada (Starting MSRP $48,900)
- Pros: The Nissan Armada offers a rugged, standout look with plenty of standard features in addition to robust and reliable powertrain options.
- Cons: The power and style of the Armada are unfortunately paired with mediocre fuel economy ratings and an average, outdated cabin.
- See Also: Murano and Pathfinder
- How much space does the Nissan Armada have?
- Is the Nissan Armada worth its price tag?
- What’s included in the 2021 Nissan Armada redesign?
- Nissan Armada vs. Chevy Tahoe