You Can’t Beat the 2023 Chevy Suburban for an Excellent Family SUV
The 2023 Chevrolet Suburban is a beast of performance, spaciousness, and modern features. Whether hauling kids, pets, or cargo across town or the country, the Suburban does it comfortably and capably. With the latest tech features, impressive towing capacity, and cavernous cabin, this hulking SUV is the ultimate road trip vehicle for modern families. It also doesn’t hurt that U.S. News awarded the 2023 Chevy Suburban the Best Cars for Families award in the large SUV category.
The U.S. News 2023 Best Cars for Families award winners
U.S. News’ annual Best Cars for Families awards recognize the top vehicles for families. To determine the winners, U.S. News uses a methodology that combines expert automotive reviews, safety and reliability ratings, seating and cargo volume, and family-friendly features.
The following models won 2023 Best Cars for Families awards in their respective categories:
- 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe: Best 2-Row SUV
- 2023 Kia Telluride: Best 3-Row SUV
- 2023 Hyundai Tucson: Best Compact SUV
- 2023 Toyota Highlander Hybrid: Best Hybrid SUV
- 2023 Chevy Suburban: Best Large SUV
- 2023 Honda Odyssey: Best Minivan
- 2023 Kia EV6: Best Electric Vehicle
- 2023 Toyota Camry Hybrid: Best Hybrid Car
- 2023 Kia K5: Best Midsize Car
Each offers an attractive blend of performance, safety, and family-friendly features. And with its rigorous methodology, U.S. News is a reliable source for car shoppers.
The 2023 Chevy Suburban is a gigantic family SUV
It’s not hard to see why the 2023 Chevrolet Suburban snagged an award for the best large SUV for families. Its spacious interior comfortably seats up to eight passengers. The Suburban also excels in cargo capacity, providing 144.7 cubic feet with all rear seats folded down.
Under the hood, one of three engine options produces 277 to 420 hp. With a maximum towing capacity of 8,300 pounds, this SUV can pull a camper or trailer for family road trips.
In addition, the Suburban offers a composed ride and handling, making it surprisingly easy to maneuver on city streets and highways. The infotainment system is also easy to use, offering numerous features to entertain the family on long journeys.
As for safety, the 2023 model has a four-star NHTSA rating out of five.
However, the Chevy Suburban’s premium price, starting at $56,900, puts this SUV out of many families’ reach. And the non-diesel versions are gas guzzlers.
The Chevy Tahoe is another good pick for a family SUV
Although the 2023 Chevrolet Suburban won, its large-SUV sibling, the Tahoe, was a finalist in the same category.
Other runners-up are as follows:
- 2023 Hyundai Palisade for Best 3-Row SUV
- 2023 Toyota RAV4 and Mazda CX-5 for Best Compact SUV
- 2023 Kia Sorento Hybrid and Hyundai Tucson Hybrid for Best Hybrid SUV
- 2023 Kia Carnival for Best Minivan
- 2023 Hyundai Ioniq 5 for Best Electric Vehicle
- 2023 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid for Best Hybrid Car
- 2023 Toyota Camry for Best Midsize Car
Each finalist also offers features and capabilities that appeal to families, making them worth considering for shoppers looking for a new ride.