Hatchbacks are an excellent choice for drivers because of the driving experience they can offer. Furthermore, the popularity of hatchbacks is the cargo capacity they can offer. Plus, some hatchbacks are a blast to drive with outstanding performance and driving dynamics. If you are looking for a car that gives you added cargo space and a modern design, there are a few options you should consider. These models should easily be at the top of your list!
Are hatchback cars good?
When shoppers consider a new hatchback, the most obvious question is, are hatchback cars good? The answer is easy, yes. This body style is an excellent option for shoppers who want a new car that offers a slightly sportier driving experience with the capability of an SUV. Hatchbacks can offer a driving experience similar to a car, with much more cargo space. Because these models have a whole trunk, even with the second row of seating, the trunk can easily hold more bags or a couple of golf bags. When the second row of seating is down, the hatchback can hold much more.
Why should you buy a hatchback?
When it comes time to shop for a new hatchback, you must consider what you need in a car. Firstly, a hatchback is undoubtedly the best choice for drivers who simply need the added cargo space to carry their belongings. Not only are they are a good choice for daily drives, but the added cargo space can make long trips more effortless and make moving even easier.
Furthermore, a hatchback is a top choice for drivers who want a slightly sportier and more responsive driving experience. A new hatchback can offer a similar driving experience to a sedan, thanks to its lower center of gravity and weight. All of this can give you a more comfortable and enjoyable driving experience.
Top hatchbacks for drivers in 2022
There are a few great models to consider, and according to Edmunds, these are the best. For shoppers who want a hatchback, these five are perfect choices.
- Honda Civic: The new Honda Civic is a stylish example of a hatchback that takes all the good things that the standard model does and adds some extra space. The turbocharged engine is peppy and efficient, handling is refined, and it packs a long list of features. Furthermore, the added cargo space only makes it better.
- Mazda 3: Modern Mazda models offer a level of refinement and luxury seemingly unmatched by the competition. The Mazda 3 Hatchback provides a sleek design and a near-luxury interior. If you opt for the turbocharged engine, you can enjoy a driving experience that performance models only rival.
- MINI Clubman: The MINI Clubman is undoubtedly one of the most quirky look models available, which isn’t bad. The interior is well-built and comfortable, and if you step up to the John Cooper Works model, you can also enjoy an incredible drive.
- Volkswagen Golf: The Volkswagen Golf is one of the most popular hatchback models on the market. Despite its smaller size, it offers an abundance of cargo space drivers will love. More importantly, choose the Volkswagen Golf GTI to enjoy the unmatched performance, and driving dynamics drivers want with this classic hot hatch.
- Toyota Corolla Hatchback: The Toyota Corolla is one of the most popular small cars available, and the introduction of the Toyota Corolla Hatchback only made it more popular. An abundance of safety technology is standard, the seating is comfortable, and it can be pretty enjoyable to drive. If you want a hatchback and top-notch performance, consider shopping for the upcoming Toyota GR Corolla.
Plenty to choose from, but these are the top models
If drivers want a new hatchback to call their own, these models should be considered! With the added useable space, comfortable and dynamic driving experience, and abundance of features and technology available, these models can be the best choice for more shoppers.
Dig into these models, and before you know it, you could certainly enjoy any drive or road trip much more.