3 Best Air Mattresses for Your Car, Truck, or SUV
Road trips are all the rage this summer. Purple mountain majesties, spacious skies, and amber waves of grain set the tone for unforgettable drives in the United States. However, when the sun sets, or you are too tired, you will have to rest for the day. As a perennial car traveler, you’re probably familiar with the discomfort that comes with having to sleep in the back seat. However, it’s easy to fix that problem. You can use accessories like an air mattress, making sleeping in your car more comfortable and protecting you against back injuries.
Benefits of an air mattress
- It’s cost-effective and convenient. You can save a few bucks when traveling by opting to sleep in your car rather than paying for a hotel room. All you need to do is find a safe area where you can park, pump your air bed on the back seat and get the rest you need in the comfort of your own truck.
- Children adore them. Children can lower your moods during a fun trip when they get cranky because they are uncomfortable. You can avoid this by getting an air mattress to ensure that they get better sleep when you are out driving on an adventure or to visit a relative out of town.
- It’s superb for camping. Many experienced campers know the benefits of having an air mattress as part of their gear. When you are out in the jungle, one of the most effective ways to ensure that you wake up feeling refreshed is by getting a good night’s rest. Therefore, you should use one of the best car air beds.
- It comes in handy when you are transporting fragile commodities. Other than just being a place you can sleep on when traversing the US, a car air mattress has added benefits. When you are transporting precious cargo, you can place the air bed underneath to offer some protection and cushioning.
- Pets love them. When your pet is your loyal travel buddy, you want to ensure that they are as comfortable as they can be throughout the journey. One of the ways to do this is by setting up an air bed to offer ample cushioning when the animal relaxes on the road.
Some air mattresses are snugger than others, and sometimes it can be difficult to choose just one with so many options on the market. This is why we compiled a buying guide to help you narrow down the decision.
HAITRAL Car Inflatable Bed
The HAITRAL Car Inflatable Bed found on Amazon is certainly a superb pick when you need an affordable but versatile air mattress. It features a packed oxford PVC material, and you can choose from one of the three distinct colors. Its sturdy construction makes it more durable, considering that it is ideal for outdoor and camping activities. Since it is a universal fit, you can use it on the back seat of a small car, SUV, or truck. It goes for $18.98 on Amazon.
FBSPORT BSport Car Travel Inflatable Air Mattress
With long-lasting, lightweight materials, the FBSPORT BSport Car Travel Inflatable Air Mattress found on Amazon is a quality option for your small car or SUV. It is a 3″ thick, sturdy air bed with a 12V pump, which takes only a minute to fill up with air. It goes for $33.99 on Amazon.
Olivia & Aiden Inflatable Car Air Mattress
Designed for vans, SUVs, and cars, the Inflatable Car Air Mattress from Olivia & Aiden found on Amazon has a peculiar design that helps it retain a flat shape. It has a tender and breathable top, but the air mattress itself is manufactured using sturdy and durable PVC. Its ribbing offers the necessary support for a passenger’s legs, neck, and back. On Amazon, it is priced at $33.99 comes with two pillowcases and a portable air pump at purchase.