How the 2023 Toyota RAV4 TRD Off-Road Balances Tech with Performance
Are you looking for a vehicle that perfectly balances tech and performance? Look no further than the 2023 Toyota RAV4 TRD Off-Road. The TRD Off-Road trim packs the RAV4 with the latest technology and features that provide impressive performance. Let’s explore the features that make this Toyota SUV stand out.
2023 Toyota RAV4 TRD Off-Road specifications
All gas-only 2023 Toyota RAV4 models feature the same 203-hp 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine that produces 154 lb-ft of torque under the hood. While other RAV4 trims offer AWD as an option, the TRD Off-Road trim includes Toyota’s torque-vectoring all-wheel drive (TV-AWD) system. In addition, the RAV4 TRD Off-Road features an eight-speed automatic transmission.
With 8.6 inches of ground clearance, the 2023 Toyota RAV4 TRD Off-Road features a 3,500-lb towing capacity with integrated trailer sway control. The combined drivetrain allows the RAV4 TRD Off-road to get an EPA-estimated 25 mpg in the city and up to 32 mpg on the highway. Ultimately, the RAV4 gets about 28 mpg under average conditions with a mix of city and highway driving.
2023 RAV4 TRD Off-Road tech features
The 2023 Toyota RAV4 TRD Off-Road, starting at $37,895, comes with a 10.5-inch multimedia infotainment system with six speakers and wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Other RAV4 TRD Off-Road standard features include:
- 18-inch six-spoke matte-black TRD alloy wheels
- Integrated LED fog lights
- Blind-spot Monitor with Rear Cross-traffic Alert
- LED projector headlights with automatic high beams and auto on/off
- LED taillights
- TRD-tuned independent MacPherson strut front suspension
- Multi-link rear suspension with a stabilizer bar
- Red-painted shock absorbers
- Raised black roof rails with cross bars
- TRD-stamped stainless steel front skid plate
- Black RAV4 and TRD Off-Road badging
2023 Toyota RAV4 TRD Off-Road comfort and convenience features
The inside of the 2023 Toyota RAV4 TRD Off-Road cabin features comfort and convenience elements like soft-touch surfaces throughout, black carpeted flooring, and TRD all-weather floor mats. The list of standard features also includes the following:
- SofTex-trimmed seats with red TRD stitching in front headrests
- Eight-way power-adjustable driver’s seat with lumbar support
- Four-way adjustable front passenger seat
- Height-adjustable power liftgate with rear-window defogger
- Power moonroof with one-touch operation
- Privacy glass on all windows behind the front row
- Active grille shutters
- Aerodynamic underbody panels with vortex generators
- Dual chrome-tipped exhaust
- Variable intermittent wipers front and rear
The TRD Off-Road Grade Premium Package offers more tech and comfort
Consider one of the five package upgrades if you want even more tech and comfort with your 2023 Toyota RAV4 TRD Off-Road. The top option, priced at $3,670, includes the following:
- The TRD Off-Road Grade Advanced Technology Package includes front and rear parking assistance, automatic braking, and wireless device charging.
- The TRD Off-Road Grade Weather Package includes a heated steering wheel, perforated front seats with heat and ventilation, and a rain-sensing windshield with automatic intermittent wipers and a de-ice function.
- A digital rearview mirror with Toyota’s Homelink system
- The TRD Off-Road Grade Premium Package features an 11-speaker JBL premium audio system with an amplifier, a subwoofer, and a 12.3-inch digital multi-information display. The package also includes a 360-degree overhead view camera system.
The four other TRD Off-Road Premium Packages offer a mist of these features at lower prices. Finally, these features work together to provide the 2023 Toyota RAV4 TRD Off-Road with a comfortable interior, agile handling, and sporty performance, whether navigating city traffic, cruising at highway speeds, or getting down and dirty off the beaten path.
If you’re looking for an off-road capable vehicle that still makes it comfortable for your family in the back row, there are plenty of reasons to add the 2023 Toyota RAV4 TRD Off-Road trim to your shopping list.