2023 Kia EV6: The Neapolitan Ice Cream of the Electric SUV Market
Do you remember your parents buying Neapolitan ice cream when you were a kid? Maybe you buy it for your kids too. The three flavors are simple, but there’s something in there for everyone. That’s a bit like the new 2023 Kia EV6. This electric SUV offers three impressive trims, and it’s becoming one of the hottest vehicles in the market. Let’s see which flavor matches your driving desires in this new electric Kia.
What are the trim options for the 2023 Kia EV6?
This new Kia electric SUV comes in three trims, just like Neapolitan ice cream has three flavors. The three trims are:
The Light trim is the base model of this EV SUV
If you’re ready to enter the electric SUV market and want an affordable vehicle that offers SUV qualities, the 2023 Kia EV6 Light could be perfect. This SUV has a single-motor RWD powertrain that makes 167 horsepower and 258 lb-ft of torque. The driving range is 232 miles on a single charge.
The Light trim gives you:
- 19-inch alloy wheels
- LED headlights, taillights, interior lights
- 12.3-inch curved digital gauge cluster
- Cloth and faux leather seats
- Power driver’s seat with memory
- Heated front seats
- Reclining second-row seats
- Automatic climate controls
- 12.3-inch infotainment system
- SiriusXM satellite radio
- HD Radio
- Android Auto
- Apple CarPlay
- Navigation system
- Wi-Fi hot spot
- One USB-A port and two USB-C ports in front
- Two USB-C ports in the rear
- Wireless charging pad
- Remote start
- Kia Drive Wise Package
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Lane-keep assist
- Driver attention warning
- Lane-follow assist
- Automatic high beams
- Rearview camera
- Rear occupant alert
- Forward and reverse automatic emergency braking
- Full-speed adaptive cruise control
- Highway Driving Assist (a semi-autonomous driving system)
What will you find in the Wind version of this electric SUV?
Moving up to the 2023 Kia EV6 Wind brings you the option of either a single-motor RWD layout or a dual-motor AWD setup. The single-motor version offers 225 horsepower, 258 lb-ft of torque, and 310 miles of driving range. The dual-motor version has 320 horsepower, 446 lb-ft of torque, and a 274-mile driving range.
Some of the features added to the Wind model include:
- Power Liftgate
- Full simulated leather upholstery
- Power front passenger seat
- Ventilated front seats
- Meridian premium audio system
- Front and rear parking sensors
If you choose the AWD version, the Technology Package becomes available, which includes:
- 360-degree camera with parking collision avoidance assist
- Remote smart parking assist
- Blind-Spot View Monitor
Could the 2023 Kia EV6 GT-Line be the right trim for you?
The GT-Line model of the Kia EV6 brings a sport appearance package to the mix, but it has the same mechanical options as the Wind version. The items from the Wind Technology Package are standard on the GT-Line trim.
A few of the items added to the GT-Line model of this electric SUV include:
- Auto pop-out flush door handles
- Power sunroof
- Flat-bottom steering wheel
- Auto-dimming mirror
- Automatic evasive steering assist
- Highway Driving Assist 2 with auto lane-changing
How much does the 2023 Kia EV6 cost?
The base, Light trim, offers a starting price of $41,000, while the Wind model begins at $47,000. Adding the AWD layout or the Technology Package increases the price of the Wind model. The starting price for the GT-Line trim is $52,000.
Which model of this electric SUV should you drive?
If you’re ready to dive in and let the new 2023 Kia EV6 be your daily driver, the sweet spot seems to be in the Wind trim. This is where price, value, and selection meet to give you an easy way to build your SUV. As for which trim represents each flavor of ice cream in the Neapolitan box? That’s for you to decide.
Next, learn how much cheaper electric cars are to drive or watch this 2023 Kia EV GT-Line video below: