What Is the Most Affordable 2023 Jeep Wrangler You Can Build?
When someone talks about a Jeep, it’s natural for most people to envision the legendary Jeep Wrangler. However, with Wrangler’s customizable platform, that mind’s-eye view is likely very different from person to person. Of course, aftermarket customization options abound, but can we build an affordable Wrangler that we love from the factory? Let’s find out.
The 2023 Jeep Wrangler lineup
Does your perfect 2023 Jeep Wrangler include the base model Sport in two or four doors? Or does the rugged off-road capability of the four-door Rubicon better suit your style? Of course, there’s always the luxurious (by Jeep Wrangler standards) and not-as-affordable Wrangler High Altitude or the brawny Rubicon 392 at the upper end of the 2023 Wrangler 12-model lineup.
Adding Wrangler options using Jeep’s online build tool
Tasked with building an affordable Wrangler using Jeep’s online build tool, we’ll start with the four-door 2023 Jeep Wrangler Sport. The four-door’s $36,990 starting MSRP is $4,000 higher than the two-door version. However, its improved accessibility to back-seat cargo and passenger space makes it worthwhile.
2023 Wrangler exterior options
The only standard exterior color combination is Bright White with black trim, fenders, and bumpers. Other color options incur additional costs and include:
- Black – $495
- Granite Crystal Metallic – $495
- Sting-Gray – $495
- Hydro Blue Pearl – $495
- High Velocity (yellow) – $495 (the choice for this build)
- Punk’n Metallic (orange) – $695
There are also several options available for the four-door Wrangler Sport’s exterior. We’ll list them below and let you know which ones we choose.
- Doors-off mirror kit – $195
- Satin-black grille – $325
- Assorted hood and body-side graphics – $245 each
- Black fuel-filler door – $145
- Hinge-gate reinforcement – $695 (added)
- Assorted dual doors – $3,695 to $4,395
- Black tubular side steps – $495
- Chrome tubular side steps
- Heavy-duty rock slider with step assist – $975 (added)
- Black three-piece hard top – $1,895 (added)
- Sunrider for hardtop – $895 (added)
- Mesh sunbonnet top – $175
- Solid sunbonnet top – $295
- Deep-tint windows – $495 (added)
2023 Wrangler interior options
The 2023 Jeep Wrangler Sport interior features standard cloth seats covered in solid black or black and heritage tan upholstery. The standard Uconnect 4 infotainment system features a 7.0-inch touchscreen display. Interior options include:
- SiriusXM – $295
- Cargo tub liner – $45
- Soft top window storage bag $75
- All-weather floor mats – $170
- Heavy-duty flooring system – $995 (added)
- Heavy-duty vinyl seats – $1,695
- Black leather upholstered seats – $1,750
2023 Wrangler package options
Consider the trailer-towing and heavy-duty electrical group for $1,195 if you plan to tow a trailer. The 2023 Wrangler Sport features a 3.6-liter V6 engine and six-speed manual transmission. The Wrangler’s no-cost powertrain options include a 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder and a mild hybrid 3.6-liter V6 eTorque engine. Either engine option pairs with an optional eight-speed automatic transmission for an additional $2,800.
We’ll stick with the standard engine and transmission offerings. But we’ll add the $795 anti-spin rear differential. Finally, we’ll disregard the $525 cold air intake by Mopar.
The affordable 2023 Jeep Wrangler
Our 2023 Jeep Wrangler Sport costs $44,210, including $7,220 in options and Jeep’s $1,795 destination charge. While $44,000 represents an affordable new vehicle for many people, ordering a less expensive Wrangler Sport is possible. A white, two-door, soft-top Wrangler without any additional options only costs an estimated $32,990.
So while the $44,210 Jeep Wrangler built for this example is more than the least expensive model, it’s substantially cheaper than the Rubicon 392, which starts at $82,495.
Using the online tool, how much is your perfect Jeep Wrangler, and what are some options you cannot live without?