It’s an exciting time for both the electric vehicle and pickup truck segments. Customers await the arrival of the all-electric F-150 Lightning, Tesla Cybertruck, and the Hummer EV truck. However, the electric vehicle start-up Rivian will likely beat the larger automotive companies for the first EV truck to be available for customers with its groundbreaking R1T electric truck. Now, electric vehicle customers may have another reason to buy a Rivian. The EV automaker recently announced its membership program — and its benefits are quite spectacular.
What are the benefits of the Rivian Membership program?
Much like Tesla, Rivian, according to CarBuzz, aims to offer its customers things that go far beyond just simply driving a car. The automaker creates a unique ownership experience. This aim is on full display with the Rivian Membership program.
The Rivian Membership program includes an extensive list of generous benefits:
- No cost unlimited charging via the Rivian Adventure Network and all Rivian Waypoint chargers
- Rivian off-Roadside Assistance, including Adventure Extraction, in which Rivian will send a recovery vehicle to you if you get stranded out in the wilderness
- Charge Assurance, in which Rivian will send someone to get your vehicle recharged if it runs out of battery power
- Unlimited access to 4G LTE connectivity
- Rivian-led experiences: gatherings and unique adventures with other Rivian members
- For every mile that Rivian members drive, Rivian will match with renewable energy sources, such as solar and wind
- Rivian will host educational programs, organize stewardship meet-ups, and children’s activities
How much does the Rivian Membership program cost?
When customers get their Rivian vehicle, the Rivan Membership program will be free for an extended trial period. After that, customers can choose to opt into a paid membership. The electric automaker didn’t yet state how much the paid membership will cost.
Advantages of the Rivian Membership program over Tesla, Ford, and other EV programs
With its new membership program, Rivian beats Tesla at its own game. The EV automaker offers a generous array of benefits that Tesla and other EV automakers don’t come close to matching. The Rivian off-Roadside Assistance and Adventure Extraction are particularly appealing, especially for outdoor enthusiasts.
Another standout benefit is the Rivian-led experiences. It will be interesting to find out what kinds of adventures Rivian has in store for its members. Also appealing are the events and gatherings with other Rivian members, as well as the educational programs, children’s activities, and stewardship meet-ups. With these benefits, Rivian forms a direct connection with its owners while creating a Rivian community.
Additionally, it’s great that Rivian attempts to make a positive environmental impact beyond building electric vehicles. The renewable energy mile-matching benefit is a surefire way to bolster the automaker’s eco-friendly credentials.
What does the future hold for other automaker benefits programs?
It remains to be seen if Tesla and other automakers will take notice, and offer similar benefits as the Rivian Membership program in the future. Also, it’s not yet known if Rivian will open up its membership program to owners of other electric vehicles. Overall, the generous membership program is a smart move from Rivian, for it makes buying a Rivian vehicle even more appealing for potential customers.