How Much Does a Fully Loaded 2024 Subaru Forester Cost?
The Forester sits among Subaru’s lineup of adventurous all-wheel drive SUVs as one of the company’s most popular models. Additionally, the 2024 Subaru Forester competes admirably with more mainstream compact SUVs like the Honda CR-V and Toyota RAV4. As expected, the entry-level 2024 Forester’s price is quite affordable, but how much does the top-trimmed model cost?
The entry-level 2024 Subaru Forester Base trim
Subaru lists the 2024 Forester Base’s entry-level trim MSRP at $27,095 before any additional fees. The Forester Base features a 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine and a continuously variable transmission (CVT). It also has Subaru’s symmetrical all-wheel drive system for confident all-weather handling and light off-road fun.
Some of the 2024 Subaru Forester Base’s most interesting specs include the following:
- 178 lb-ft of torque
- 33 mpg highway/26 mpg city
- 16.6-gallon fuel capacity
- Four-wheel independent suspension
- 8.7 inches of ground clearance
- 74.2 cubic feet of cargo space
Even at the Base trim, the 2024 Forester is loaded with premium features. Basic touches include folding side mirrors, variable-intermittent windshield wipers, adjustable front seats, and gray cloth upholstery. More upscale features include automatic climate control, an 8.5-inch multimedia screen, power windows, and auto-on/off headlights. The Forester Base also includes the following safety and driver-assist features:
- Subaru’s EyeSight driver assist technology
- Hands-free wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto integration
- Steering responsive LED headlights
- High beam assist
- Vehicle Dynamics Control
- Brake assist
- Rear vision camera
- Anti-theft security system
- Engine immobilizer
- Rear seat reminder
For our 2024 Subaru Forester Base, we’d add the $625 Alloy Wheel package to replace the stock steel wheels with aluminum alloy versions. More importantly, it also adds raised roof rails with integrated tie-down points to add storage, bike racks, or kayaks when we want. We’d also opt for the $132 All-Weather Floor Liner and the $155 Rear Seatback Protector. That brings our total estimated MSRP to $29,302, including destination and delivery charges.
What’s included in the 2024 Subaru Forester Touring?
The 2024 Subaru Forester Touring MSRP starts at $37,395, about $10K more than the Base trim. For the price increase, you’ll get the basic Forester, engine, and drivetrain with the following premium upgrades:
- 18-inch aluminum alloy wheels
- Roof spoiler
- Satin chrome heated side mirrors with integrated turn signals
- Panoramic power moonroof
- Windshield wiper de-icer
- Raised roof rails
- Power adjustable front seats (10-way driver and 8-way passenger)
- Heated front and rear outboard seats
- Heated steering wheel
- Reclining rear seats
- Saddle Brown leather-trimmed upholstery, including wrapped steering wheel and shifter handle
- Power rear gate with auto close, height memory, and vehicle lock functions
- Two-position driver’s seat and power mirror memory
- Transmission paddle shifters
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
- Harman Kardon premium audio system
In addition to the Base trim’s driver assistance safety features, the Touring trim adds Blind-spot detection and reverse automatic braking.
Using Subaru’s online build and price tool, we found that the well-equipped Touring trim lacks additional package options. Again, we added the All-Weather Floor Liners and Rear Seatback Protector like on the Base. All-in, this brought our total estimated MSRP to $38,822.
Is the 2024 Forester Touring worth $10K more than the Base trim?
It is if you’re willing to pay for the premium features it provides. However, suppose you’re looking for specific upgrades to the Base trim without everything the Touring delivers. In that case, we’d recommend checking out the four other 2024 Subaru Forester trim levels (Premium, Sport, Wilderness, Limited) along with the Outback and Crosstrek models from the automaker’s catalog.