How Much Does a Fully Loaded 2024 Subaru Ascent Cost?
The Ascent is Subaru’s largest SUV offering, providing seating for up to eight people. While it’s not as popular as other Subaru models like the Crosstrek, Forester, or Outback, the 2024 Subaru Ascent fills a need for larger families and groups that smaller SUVs cannot. Let’s compare prices and features between the Base 8-Passenger model and a fully loaded Touring 7-Passenger trim level build of the 2024 Subaru Ascent.
The most affordable 2024 Subaru Ascent Base 8-Passenger model
For 2024, Subaru offers six trim levels for the Ascent midsize crossover SUV. The Base 8-Passenger trim starts at $34,195, not including tax, title, or the $1,295 destination and delivery fee.
The Ascent Base 8-Passenger features a turbocharged 2.4-liter BOXER engine with 260 horsepower and 277 lb-ft of torque paired with a continuously variable transmission (CVT) that returns 20 mpg in the city and 26 mpg on the highway estimated fuel economy ratings. It also comes with Subaru’s Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive system with X-MODE. The additional X-MODE works with the AWD system to enhance traction on slick surfaces and adds Hill Decent Control for increased safety and steadiness when navigating slippery downhill roads or trails.
- Steering responsive LED headlights
- Folding side mirrors
- Two-speed windshield wipers
- A rear window wiper
- Raised roof rails
Inside the cabin, you’ll find analog gauges, ivory carbon fiber-patterned accents, and three rows of seating with cloth upholstery to accommodate eight passengers. Seating includes a six-way manually adjustable driver’s seat and reclining 60/40-split second- and third-row bench seats with flat-folding seatbacks.
Subaru doesn’t offer any additional packages for the Base 8-Passenger trim, but it comes with the following amenities:
- A three-spoke steering wheel with integrated controls
- Transmission paddle shifters
- First- and second-row USB-A and USB-C charge ports
- Manual tilt/telescopic steering column adjustment
- 19 cup holders
- Tri-zone climate control
- An 11.6-inch multimedia screen
- A six-speaker sound system
- Wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Keyless entry
- Subaru’s EyeSight Driver Assist Technology
Subaru improved the EyeSight Driver Assist Technology for 2024 by adding an electric brake booster plus a wide-angle camera and updating the system’s software. These updates allow the system to function seamlessly over a broader range of road and environmental conditions.
Price and features of the Subaru Ascent Touring 7-Passenger top trim
The 2024 Subaru Ascent Touring 7-Passenger trim costs $48,495 plus the $1,295 destination and delivery fee. Like the Base trim, the Touring offers no additional upgrade packages but features a choice between Slate and Java Brown Nappa Leather upholstery. While all 2024 Ascent trims come with the same powertrain and AWD system, the top-trimmed Touring 7-Passenger features the following upgrades over the Base 8-Passenger trim:
- LED fog lights
- 20-inch aluminum alloy wheels with contrasting dark gray and machine finishes
- 245/50R20 all-season tires
- Power-folding side mirrors
- A windshield wiper de-icer
- A power tilt/sliding 54-inch glass panoramic moonroof
- Power adjustable driver and front passenger seats with heat and ventilation
- Heated second-row captain’s chairs
- Heated steering wheel
- Simulated leather accent trim
- Push-button start
- Upgraded power liftgate with automatic close, open height memory, and vehicle lock button
- Driver’s seat position and mirror memory for two individuals
- Auto-dimming rearview mirror
- Dual third-row USB-A charge ports
- A 120-volt AC power outlet
- Second-row climate controls
- Harman Kardon audio system
- Blind-spot detection with lane change assist and rear cross-traffic alert
- Reverse automatic braking
- Surround view monitor
Available accessories for the 2024 Ascent
Subaru provides over 80 accessories to personalize your 2024 Subaru Ascent. Some of the most popular accessories include:
- Second-row window shades, left and right – $149.98 each (included on Touring trim)
- Fog light kit – $447 (included on Touring trim)
- Wireless device charger – $354
- Aero crossbar set – $252
- Roof-mounted awning – $849.95
- Rooftop tent – $2,799.95
While the 2024 Subaru Ascent Base 8-Passenger will carry a sizeable family safely on nearly any conceivable adventure, the Touring 7-Passenger trim offers the same capability with more style and comfort, but for one less passenger.