How Much Does a Fully Loaded 2023 Hyundai Kona Electric Cost?
Compact SUV shoppers might be familiar with the popular Hyundai Kona but may wish to learn more about the 2023 Hyundai Kona Electric. So let’s explore the versatile little EV to learn more about it. Follow along as we cover pricing and options for the 2023 Kona Electric, from the base SE trim level to the fully loaded Kona Electric Limited with all the bells and whistles.
2023 Hyundai Kona Electric SE price and features
Hyundai lists the starting MSRP for the 2023 Hyundai Kona Electric SE at $33,550. Hyundai lists a 258-mile EPA-estimated driving range, 201 hp, and 291 lb-ft of torque for the Kona Electric SE’s 150-kW electric-motor drivetrain. In addition, the Kona Electric SE includes an 8.0-inch color touchscreen infotainment system with wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto to integrate your compatible smartphone into the vehicle’s systems.
All 2023 Hyundai Kona Electric vehicles feature a 64.0 kilo-watt hour battery. While recharge times vary based on the available charging station type, a standard Level II will provide a full charge from as low as 10 percent in 9 hours and 15 minutes. Level III Quick Charge times from 10 to 80 percent are as low as 47 minutes.
As the base trim, the SE uses projector-type halogen headlights that do not support “High Beam Assist and standard bulb taillights. Inside the cabin, you’ll find cloth seats, an eight-way power adjustable driver seat with power lumbar support, and a six-way manual passenger seat with heat.
While Hyundai reserves some of its premium driver assistance technology for its top-trim Limited, the SE trim features the following beneficial assistance features:
- Blind-spot collision avoidance
- Rear cross-traffic collision avoidance
- Forward collision-avoidance assist with car/pedestrian detection
- Lane-keeping assist
- Lane-following assist
- Driver attention warning
- Safe exit warning
- Rear occupant alert (door logic type)
Finally, like all Hyundai vehicles, the Kona Electric carries the following warranties:
- 10-year or 100,000-mile limited warranty on the electric battery and powertrain
- Seven-year unlimited mileage warranty against perforating corrosion
- Five-year or 60,000-mile new vehicle coverage
How much does a fully loaded 2023 Hyundai Kona Electric cost?
First, the 2023 Hyundai Kona Electric Limited starts at $41,550. Note that the Limited trim shares many similarities with the SE trim, including driving range, battery specs, and drivetrain, and includes all of the SE’s features except as noted. However, the top trim includes upgrades such as:
- LED headlights with High Beam Assist and LED taillights
- Leather-trimmed seating surfaces
- Ventilated front seats
- 10.25-inch touchscreen display with navigation
- Wireless device charging
- Heated, leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Hyundai Digital Key
- Auto-dimming rearview mirror
- Conventional sunroof
- Rain-sensing windshield wipers
- Parking distance warning – reverse
- Smart cruise control with stop-and-go
When using Hyundai’s online build tool, our first choice is the exterior paint color. Hyundai provides eight color options at no additional cost: gray, white, blue, fern, blue, two blacks, and two reds. Inside, there are two no-cost interior color choices: gray or black. Unfortunately, there are no package upgrades, but some interesting accessories are available.
Available 2023 Hyundai Kona Electric accessories
2023 Hyundai Kona Electric accessories include items designed to protect the car’s interior, exterior, and occupants. In descending price order, those accessories are:
- First aid kit – $30
- Wheel locks – $70
- Exterior mudguards – $120
- Rear cargo tray – $120
- Cargo package (includes the cargo tray, first aid kit, and cargo block to secure large items such as luggage) – $170
- Carpeted, color-matched floor mats – $210
With a price tag reaching past $40,000, the fully loaded 2023 Hyundai Kona Electric Limited supplements that price tag with a list of features and options that definitely make it worth a look.