It’s time to discover the best 2022 Toyota RAV4 trim for your needs. We’ve provided a Toyota RAV4 trim level comparison to see which model is best. However, the RAV4 is the most popular SUV, so it’s hard to pick the wrong option.
Which 2022 Toyota RAV4 trim is best?
The 2022 Toyota RAV4 is back for another year! Pricing for the 2022 model hasn’t been revealed yet. The 2021 model has an MSRP of $26,350. The price may increase slightly, but it’s expected to stay below $30,000. The RAV4 Hybrid starts at around $28,500.
Each trim level comes with the standard 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine with 203 hp and 184 lb-ft of torque. The RAV4 Hybrid pairs the same engine with two electric motors to generate 219 hp. With the gas-powered model, you get an EPA-estimated 28 mpg in the city and up to 35 mpg on the highway. The hybrid setup increases these figures to 41 and 38 mpg.
The 2022 RAV4 has six trim levels
The 2022 Toyota RAV4 LE is the base model, and it includes:
- LED headlights
- 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- 4.2-inch in-dash info display
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Fabric seats
- Toyota Safety Sense 2.0, which consists of forward collision mitigation, adaptive cruise control, lane-keeping assistance, automatic high beams, and traffic sign recognition.
17-inch silver steel wheels
The 2022 RAV4 XLE ups the ante with:
- 8-way power-adjustable front seat with lumbar support
- Keyless entry and ignition
- Extra USB ports
- Interior switch illumination
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Tonneau cover
- 17-inch alloy wheels
- Next up, we have the XLE premium:
- LED foglights
- Slightly raised suspension
- Power liftgate
- Softex leather seats
- Soft-touch covered surfaces
- Driver seat memory system
- 8-inch infotainment screen
- Cargo side net
- 19-inch alloy wheels
The 2022 Toyota RAV4 Adventure trim doesn’t have the sunroof or power liftgate but adds off-roading goodies such as:
- Fender flares
- Taller roof rails
- Selectable terrain drive modes
- Hill descent control
The RAV4 TRD Off-Road comes with:
- Power liftgate
- All-terrain tires
- Unique black trim elements and interior trim
- 18-inch off-road alloy wheels
- Skid plate
The top-of-the-line RAV4 Limited builds on the XLE Premium features and adds:
- Chrome exterior trim
- Power-adjustable passenger seat
- Heated front seats
- Ventilated seats
- Digital rearview mirror
- Navigation system
- 11-speaker premium JBL audio system
You can add features such as a surround-view camera, panoramic sunroof, a heated steering wheel, heated and ventilated seats, and a wireless charging pad depending on the trim level.
The XLE Premium trim seems to be the best 2022 Toyota RAV4 option. It’s a well-rounded choice with luxury upgrades such as a power liftgate and the leather-wrapped steering wheel. The only reasons to go up in price include wanting more off-roading capabilities or really wanting ventilated seats.
What’s new for the 2022 RAV4?
Not much is new for the 2022 Toyota RAV4. It’s still pretty fresh from its recent redesign in 2019. The RAV4 Hybrid will be offered with the lower SE grade to make the hybrid powertrain more affordable.
There is a new shade of Calvary Blue that’s available with the XSE, SE Hybrid, and TRD Off-Road trims. It includes a bold black roof. The LE Hybrid, XLE, Adventure, and XLE Hybrid gained new wheel designs too. Plus, the XSE has a new LED headlight design.
All grades now have a locking glove box and LED interior lamps. The XLE trim and above gets illuminated interior switches, while the Limited trim gets an 8-way power-adjustable passenger seat.
We will keep you updated as we learn more. Pricing for the 2022 RAV4 should be revealed in December, along with other updates.