Buy a GMC Hummer EV; Get a Gift From GMC
How can an automaker entice you and create a bit more satisfaction in the vehicle you drive? Maybe they can give you a commemorative gift if you’re buying a new high-priced electric truck like the GMC Hummer EV Edition 1. GM is already doing that for buyers of this new electric off-road pickup truck. This gift isn’t as cheap as what you might get when you go to a baseball game on one of their many theme nights, it’s unique to every buyer.
What do new owners of the GMC Hummer EV Edition 1 receive?
GMC created a special engraved plaque to thank buyers for choosing this electric pickup truck. This plaque shows the make and model of the Hummer EV, but it goes much farther to be unique for every customer. This plaque also features:
- Model year
- Assembly location
- Monochrome topographical map
- Customer’s name
This individualized plaque is the primary gift that shoppers receive, but the Edition 1 delivers an amazing level of tech and performance to every driver.
What are some of the features in this version of the Hummer EV?
This GMC truck is the initial offering. The Edition 1 model represents the top trim level, with lower trims to follow. Some of the features you’ll find in this truck are:
- Standard electronic 4WD
- 18-inch black aluminum wheels
- EZ Lift MultiPro tailgate
- Underbody cameras
- Bed-view camera
- Front and rear electronic locking differentials
- LED exterior lights
- Heated power-folding outboard mirrors
- Auto-dimming driver’s side mirror
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Hitch Guidance
- ProGrade Trailering System
- High-beam assist
- Adaptive cruise control
- Keyless entry
- Push-button starting
- Spray-on bedliner
- Integrated trailer-brake control
Are there any special features of the GMC Hummer EV Edition 1?
Yes, this version of the Hummer EV includes features with some pretty cool names. These items are:
- Crab Walk Mode – This allows the Hummer EV to drive diagonally around obstacles using the four-wheel steering system.
- Extract Mode – This feature allows the truck to rise higher than normal to achieve 15.9 inches of ground clearance to ride over taller obstacles.
- Watts to Freedom – This is the launch control system of the GMC Hummer EV Edition 1, and it allows this massive truck to rocket to 60 mph in only three seconds.
- Infinity Roof – The Infinity Roof is a system of lightweight, transparent removable panels that offer the open space desired when off-roading.
- UltraVision – GMC calls its array of cameras UltraVision. The Hummer EV has an unprecedented number of cameras, including one mounted to offer an underbody view of the trails.
These features offer specialized driving systems, making this electric pickup truck pretty special.
GM has customer satisfaction on its mind with more than the GMC Hummer EV
The Edition 1 Hummer isn’t the only vehicle for which GM offers unique gifts. Consumers of the Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing, CT5-V Blackwing, CT6-V, and Chevy Corvette Stingray all receive similar gifts to increase customer satisfaction. These gifts that accompany the high-priced vehicles allow owners to display a reminder of their special purchase in their homes and offices.
How many pre-orders does GMC have for the Hummer EV?
The production of the new Hummer EV pickup truck is underway at the GM Factory Zero plant in Michigan. GM has roughly 80,000 pre-orders for the pickup and SUV versions of the Hummer EV.
Next, check out the Jeep Wrangler Magneto 2.0, or watch the GMC Hummer EV Edition 1 video below: