The 2022 Genesis GV70 Is a Luxurious Bargain
If you want a luxurious ride without paying an extravagant price, check out the 2022 Genesis GV70. The Genesis GV70 is a new compact luxury crossover that’s cheaper than the BMW X3 and Mercedes-Benz GLC.
How much does the 2022 Genesis GV70 cost?
The 2022 Genesis GV70 begins at about $42,045 and ranges up to $63,545. The 2021 BMW X3 starts at around $43,000, and the 2021 Mercedes-Benz GLC begins at around $43,200. According to Car and Driver, the higher trims undercut rivals by about $4,000.
There are seven different versions of the Genesis GV70, and the base model with the 2.T configuration is available in four trim levels. The more powerful 3.5T model is available in three different trim levels and starts at about $53,645.
What are the Genesis GV70 trim levels?
The base engine in the 2022 Genesis GV70 is a 2.5-liter turbo-four option that provides 300 hp and 311 lb-ft of torque. You can upgrade to the twin-turbo 3.5-liter V6 engine for 375 hp and 391 lb-ft of torque. When properly equipped, the Genesis GV70 can tow up to 6,000 lbs. This is quite an impressive amount of muscle for a compact SUV. Each model comes standard with an eight-speed automatic transmission and all-wheel drive.
- The Genesis GV70 2.5T comes with 18-inch wheels, adaptive cruise control, heated front seats, automatic climate control, and a power liftgate.
- The Select trim is about $46,045 and adds a few goodies like a panoramic sunroof, aluminum trim, ventilated seats, and an upgraded stereo.
- The Advanced trim costs about $50,195 and includes more safety and tech.
- The Sport Prestige trim ups the total to about $53,795.
- The Genesis GV70 3.5T begins at about $53,645 for the base trim. It includes the panoramic sunroof, 19-inch wheels, electronically controlled suspension, ventilated seats, and driver-assist systems.
- The Sport Advanced Trim is about $58,645 with higher-end materials.
- The loaded Sport Prestige model begins at around $63,545. It features 21-inch wheels, Nappa leather seats, and a limited-slip differential.
Rivals such as the six-cylinder BMW X3 and GLC can top $70,000 when fully loaded. With the X3, you get rear-wheel drive and 248 hp with the base model. The Mercedes GLC also starts with rear-wheel drive and 248 hp.
How are the GV70 features?
The 2022 Genesis GV70 features a digital cockpit that includes an 8-inch digital instrument display and a 14.5-inch center screen. Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and an integrated navigation system come standard.
With the Advanced model, you get rear passenger sunshades, a heated steering wheel, passenger-side front-lumbar adjustment, and a 110v outlet in the second row for charging devices.
Each model comes with the Hyundai Highway Drive-Assist semi-self-driving system. Other optional features include a surround-view monitor, a head-up display, and heated seats in the second row.
The Genesis GV70 will arrive in U.S. dealerships this summer. You can reserve one here. The base model and higher trims include tons of value compared to rivals to provide more comfort and convenience features without running the bill up.