The Lucid Air Sapphire Has Outrageous Pricing to Match Its Outrageous Horsepower
The Lucid Air won the 2023 World Luxury Car Award and is raising the bar for the luxury electric experience. The Lucid Air Sapphire takes electric performance to new heights as the pinnacle of cutting-edge technology, elegant design, and on-road adaptability, constituting a significant advancement in automotive innovation. However, only a lucky few will own one of these due to the Lucid Air Sapphire’s insanely high price, but you get what you pay for.
The Lucid Air Sapphire is the world’s first fully electric luxury super-sports sedan, achieving 0-60 mph in 1.89 seconds, 0-100 mph in 3.84 seconds, and the quarter mile in 8.95 seconds, with a top speed of 205 mph. In this article, we’ll look at the price and why it won the 2023 World Luxury Car Award.
The Lucid Air Sapphire’s price is insane
The Lucid website says the Sapphire will cost $249,000 in the US, fully loaded, before tax, title, registration, and other fees. “With the release of the Lucid Air Sapphire, we are witnessing an unprecedented moment in time. The technology that underpins Sapphire enables an unsurpassed blend of performance, agility, and versatility,” said Peter Rawlinson, CEO and CTO of Lucid Group.
“The result is an extreme performance car that offers delightful responsiveness and everyday practicality. With the Lucid Air Sapphire, we have once again raised the bar and increased the gap between Lucid and its competitors, creating the world’s most well-rounded and versatile high-performance EV.”
Outrageous specs to match the outrageous price
With the Lucid Air Sapphire’s price tag nearly reaching a quarter of a million dollars, this model delivers some impressive specs. First of all, the Sapphire model has an EPA-estimated range of 427 miles and an efficiency of 3.61 miles per kWh. It has a three-motor powertrain that was designed and made entirely in-house. It has a total output of 1,234 hp and 1,430 lb-ft of torque.
The Sapphire is one of the fastest EVs on the planet. It can accelerate from 0 to 60 mph in just 1.89 seconds and complete a quarter mile in 8.95 seconds at 158 mph, thanks to the improved power delivery offered by the twin rear-drive unit.
Air Sapphire’s standard equipment includes:
- Front and rear springs, bushings, anti-roll bars, and steering software have been adjusted.
- For ABS, stability control, brake boosters, and electronic power steering (EPS), special adaptive damper control software and tuning are available.
- Internally developed traction control and torque vectoring control algorithms
- Custom Aero Sapphire wheels with front and rear wheel diameters of 20 inches and 21 inches are mounted on Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires that were jointly developed with the Sapphire.
- Aluminum roofs were introduced to lighten up the whole car and lower its center of gravity.
- 900V+ ultra-rapid charging system
- 34-inch floating Glass Cockpit and elegant, intuitive Lucid UX
- Capability for numerous over-the-air software updates
- With over 30 features and future-ready hardware, including the first automotive LIDAR in North America, Lucid’s advanced driver assistance system, DreamDrive Pro is available.
Entertainment features in the Lucid Air Sapphire
With a new interior theme called Sapphire Mojave, the Lucid Air Sapphire’s cabin mirrors the exterior’s beauty. The sports seats, created especially for the Sapphire, provide substantial support while cradling passengers in comfort thanks to features like heating, cooling, and massage.
It also features the Surreal Sound Pro immersive audio system with 21 speakers and Dolby Atmos support. Four drive modes—Smooth, Swift, Sapphire, and Track—are presented in a special Sapphire-themed on-screen display. Each affects the way the car behaves in terms of its suspension, steering, brakes, torque vectoring, peak power and torque, and thermal controls.
Assembled at Lucid’s factory in Casa Grande, Arizona, deliveries of Lucid Air are currently underway to customers in the U.S., Canada, Europe, and the Middle East.