2024 Nissan Frontier Buyers Continue to Favor 1 Trim Over the Others
The Nissan Frontier is the Japanese automaker’s player in the midsize truck class. The Frontier entered a new, um, frontier when it finally received an overhaul for the 2022 model year to better compete with the Toyota Tacoma, Ford Ranger, Chevy Colorado, Jeep Gladiator, and Honda Ridgeline. Like its rivals, the Frontier offers several trims, helping shoppers find the truck that best suits their needs. And one 2024 Nissan Frontier trim remains a customer favorite.
The 2024 Nissan Frontier offers 5 trims
Nissan starts the 2024 Frontier entry-level trim at just under $30,000 MSRP. All models pack a 3.8-liter V6 harnessing 310 hp and 281 lb-ft of torque, paired with a nine-speed automatic transmission.
Here are the five trims, their base MSRPs, and notable features:
- Frontier S ($29,770): 16-inch steel wheels, cloth upholstery, 8.0-inch touchscreen, automatic forward emergency braking, satellite radio, and Android Auto and Apple CarPlay connectivity.
- Frontier SV ($33,870): Alloy wheels, six-speaker audio system, power-adjustable driver’s seat with lumbar support, power outside mirrors, body-color grille, “premium” cloth upholstery, and second-row under-seat storage.
- Frontier Pro-X ($36,300): 9.0-inch touchscreen, Wi-Fi hotspot, navigation, all-terrain tires with 17-inch wheels, Bilstein shock absorbers, locking rear differential, and surround-view camera.
- Frontier Pro-4X ($39,300): All the features of the Pro-X model plus wireless Apple CarPlay and standard four-wheel drive.
- Frontier SL ($39,640): Sunroof, leather upholstery, LED headlights, 10-speaker Fender audio system, heated front seats, spray-in bedliner, sliding rear cab window, Nissan’s Utili-track tie-downs, and 17-inch wheels.
As for configurations, King Cab (extended cab) Frontier models are fitted with a six-foot bed. The Crew Cab S, Pro-X, and Pro-4X models have a five-foot bed, and the SV Crew Cab can be had with either bed length. Additionally, Nissan recently introduced a retro-inspired Hardbody Edition, available on the SV Crew Cab 4×4.
Which 2024 Nissan Frontier trim is the most popular?
According to Edmunds, the SV trim remains the perennial favorite among buyers. It was the most popular trim of the 2022 and 2023 Frontier and continues its streak for the 2024 model year.
That’s unsurprising — the SV strikes a balance between the bare-bones base model and the far pricier SL. Though the top-tier trim boasts many desirable features, most buyers aren’t willing to pay the premium. And though the Pro-X and its 4WD sibling have their appeal among those who regularly venture off the beaten path, not all buyers need the added capability.
Why is the SV a good trim?
There are nearly 30 ways to configure the 2024 Nissan Frontier, but the SV is an excellent place to start.
Notably, this trim gives buyers a choice of bed sizes. The SV is available only with a Crew Cab, but it can be fitted with a five- or six-foot bed. Other 2024 Frontier trims don’t give shoppers a selection of box sizes, or the Crew Cab/King Cab decision automatically dictates the bed size.
Customers who choose the SV with a six-foot bed also get plenty of added features from the range-topping Frontier trim. They include 17-inch alloy wheels, a spray-on bedliner, the Utili-track system, a 120V rear console power outlet, a heated steering wheel and front seats, remote engine start, a seven-pin tow hitch, dual-zone automatic climate control, push-button start, and a leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob.
These features are also available for short-bed SV models for $2,190, though adding the option includes the $990 Technology Package with a suite of driver’s aids like adaptive cruise control and lane departure warning.
Furthermore, the 2024 Frontier SV is the only trim available with the optional ’80s-inspired Hardbody Edition. This exclusive package proves Nissan knows the SV is a hot seller.
Ultimately, the SV strikes an ideal balance for the Frontier regardless of whether buyers spring for options.