So, your new car hunt led you to the 2022 Subaru Legacy. Finding the right new car model for you can be tough, but once you land on a model finding the right price point and trim level can be just as hard. We here at MotorBiscuit have come to help you pick the best 2022 Subaru Legacy trim.
What’s new for the 2022 Subaru Legacy?
For starters, the 2022 Subaru Legacy gets more standard equipment for this year’s model. According to Kelly Blue Book, in 2020, the new generation of the Subaru Legacy dropped. This gave the Legacy a stiffer body, which allowed for a better-tuned suspension and improved crash protection.
The 2022 Subaru Legacy earned 5/5 stars from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) and got a Top Safety Pick+ rating (the highest available) from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety.
The new Subaru Legacy continues the Subaru tradition of safety and reliability. Although the Legacy is the far more friendly and sensible sedan than the Subaru WRX, it still hits all the Subaru greatest hits like AWD, piles of standard safety tech, and a reliable powertrain.
How many trims are available for the 2022 Subaru Legacy?
The new Subie has six trims levels for 2022. The Legacy is offered in the base model, Premium, Sport, Limited, Limited XT, and Touring XT.
2022 Subaru Legacy Base: $22,995
- Standard Eyesight system including adaptive cruise control
- All-wheel drive
- LED steering-responsive headlights
- 17-inch aluminum-alloy wheels with machine finish
- 60/40 split flat-folding rear seatbacks
- Cloth upholstery
- Dual 7-inch Subaru Starlink Multimedia screen
- Dual front USB input ports
- Manual tilt and telescoping wheel
- Standard Apple CarPlay/Android Auto
2022 Subaru Legacy Premium: $25,245
- 10-way power-adjustable driver’s seat
- Body-colored folding side mirrors with integrated turn signals
- Windshield wiper deicer and heated side mirrors
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shifter handle
- Dual USB rear charging ports
- Dual-zone climate control
- 11.6-inch multimedia system
- 6 speakers
- 4G LTE Wi-Fi capability
- Starlink Safety and security
2022 Subaru Legacy Sport: $28,790
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- LED fog lights
- Sport cloth upholstery with red contrast stitching
- Power tilt/sliding moonroof
- Auto-dimming rearview compass mirror with HomeLink
- Auto up/down windows
- Blind-spot detection with lane change assist and rear cross-traffic alert and rear automatic braking
2022 Subaru Legacy Limited: $29,945
- Leather-trimmed upholstery
- Standard aluminum-alloy 18-inch wheels
- Power adjustable front seats with driver’s seat with memory
- Heated rear outboard seats and front seats
- Harman Kardon premium audio system
2022 Subaru Legacy Limited XT: $34,495
- 2.4-liter turbocharged 4-cylinder engine
- Driver Focus distraction mitigation system
- Dual stainless-steel exhaust tips
- Heated steering wheel
- Standard 11.6-inch navigation system
2022 Subaru Legacy Touring XT: $36,195
- Heated and ventilated front seats
- Nappa leather-trimmed upholstery
- CD player
- 180-degree Front-View monitor
Which is the best trim for the 2022 Subaru Legacy?
KBB says if power isn’t a big sticking point for buyers, then the Premium trim might be the best choice. Premium trim comes with plenty of options while staying on the cheaper end of things. However, if you want that extra bit of pep, KBB says the XT is the only trim for you. This is because the XT comes with the hotter turbocharged 2.4-liter as standard.
No matter which 2022 Subaru Legacy trim you go with, you can expect a reliable and safe sedan that will hang with you.