The Top 15 Midsize 2022 SUVs Have 1 Thing In Common
The top SUVs of 2022 are different in so many ways. They have different styles, they come with different features, and they’re at different price points. Yet they also have one thing in common: reliability. Here are the top 15 midsize SUVs of 2022 and why their reliability makes them great SUVs.
15. The 2022 Volkswagen Atlas makes the list of the best midsize SUVs
iSeeCars looked at data from over 12 million vehicles to get a good idea of just how each model does in the three key areas of reliability, value, and safety. It has an overall score of 7.6 and a reliability rating of 5.7. While the Atlas does make the list, it’s worth noting that many other SUVs have higher reliability ratings; some much higher.
14. The 2022 Kia Sorento has a great safety score
One of the best parts of the 2022 Kia Sorento is its safety score; it’s a 9/10. Yet its reliability rating is decent, at a 7.8.
13. The 2022 Chevy Traverse’s value retention score isn’t as high
The 2022 Chevrolet Traverse has a good reliability rating: 7.8. Yet its value retention score is a mediocre 6.9. If you’re looking for an SUV that will keep its worth, you might want to consider a different SUV.
12. The 2022 Ford Edge is on the list of reliable SUVs
The 2022 Ford Edge makes it on to the list of best midsize SUVs with its overall score of 8.0 and its reliability rating of 8.2.
11. The 2022 GMC Acadia is an upscale version of the Chevy Traverse
The 2022 GMC Acadia shares a platform with the 2022 Chevy Traverse. That’s why it’s no surprise that it also has a value score of 6.9. However, its reliability rating is slightly better, at an 8.0.
10. The 2022 Dodge Durango has a good reliability rating
The 2022 Dodge Durango has a reliability rating of 8.5 and an overall score of 8.1. This is good enough for tenth place on the list of the best midsize SUVs.
9. The 2022 Nissan Murano has an excellent safety score
The 2022 Nissan Murano has an overall score of 8.2 and an excellent safety score of 9.9, putting it at the number nine spot.
8. The 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee is one of the best midsize SUVs
In eighth place is the 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee with an overall score of 8.3 and a reliability rating of 8.4.
7. The 2022 Mazda CX-9 has a perfect safety score
The 2022 Mazda CX-9 may have a really great reliability rating – 8.0 – but it also has a perfect safety rating of 10.0, putting it at number 7 on the list of the best midsize SUVs.
6. The 2022 Nissan Pathfinder has a so-so value retention score
Despite being number 6 on the list of the top midsize SUVs, the 2022 Nissan Pathfinder has just an okay value retention score of 6.8. However, its reliability rating of 8.3 may make up for that.
5. The 2022 Ford Explorer is a top 5 midsize SUV
The 2022 Ford Explorer has an overall score of 8.5 and a reliability rating of 8.4, making this one of the top five midsize SUVs.
4. The 2022 Hyundai Santa Fe has a perfect safety rating
The 2022 Hyundai Santa Fe is one of the best midsize SUVs you can buy this year, with an overall rating of 8.5. It also has a perfect safety rating of 10.0.
3. The 2022 Toyota 4Runner
The 2022 Toyota 4Runner has an overall score of 8.6 and a reliability rating of 8.8, making it one of the best midsize SUVs you can buy.
2. The 2022 Honda Pilot has a high overall score
The 2022 Honda Pilot is another SUV with a great overall score – an 8.7. This is good enough for second place. Part of the Pilot’s overall score is a great reliability rating of 8.6.
1. The 2022 Toyota Highlander is the number one midsize SUV
The 2022 Toyota Highlander is the number one midsize SUV with a very high reliability score of 8.5. It also has a high overall score of 8.9.
If you’re in the market for a new midsize SUV, you have a lot of great options. Each of these 2022 SUVs have good reliability ratings and the higher up the list you go, the better SUV you’ll get.