The Ford F-150 Comes with a $6,500 Discount for August
Ford has been making some of the best-selling pickup trucks for decades. Known for its iconic and reliable trucks, Ford has had more and more growing competition in recent years. But with no chance of the automaker backing down now, Ford is offering some of the best savings it’s ever had on its entire F-150 lineup. Hoping to get more people into the brand-new F-150 of their dreams before summer ends, Ford is offering substantial discounts this August.
Hefty F-150 savings for August
Ford recently announced that it will be providing a new discount beginning in August that reduces the price of select new F-150 models by as much as $6,500. These discounts include a combination of cashback rewards, dealer discounts, and package discounts. According to Motor1, most of the incentives will be available through September 3rd, with a few lasting until September 30th. These discounts are only available at qualifying dealerships in the U.S and are not available with special financing or leasing options. The discount received may also depend on the location in which it’s purchased and no discounts apply to the F-150 Raptor models.
How steep the F-150 discounts really are
Ford already offers its F-Series pickups at a competitive price, but the summer savings program allows for hefty discounts on most F-150s. According to Ford Authority, here are what the incentives and discounts could add up to on a new, 2019 F-150:
- 2019 F-150 XL: $750 in retail bonus customer cash + $750 in bonus customer cash + $2,000 in F-Series retail customer cash = $3,500 total discount.
- 2019 F-150 XLT: $750 in retail bonus customer cash + $750 in bonus customer cash + $3,250 in F-Series retail customer cash = $4,750 total discount.
- 2019 F-150 XLT (with 302A Package): $5,750 cashback + $750 in Ford Credit bonus cash = $6,500 total discount.
- 2019 F-150 Lariat, Platinum, and Limited: $750 retail bonus in customer cash + $2,000 in F-Series retail customer cash = $2,750 total discount.
- 2019 F-150 King Ranch: $750 in retail bonus customer cash + $1,250 in F-Series retail customer cash = $2,000 total discount.
According to the information provided by Ford Motor Company, after all the tremendous discounts are applied, the starting prices for the F-150 lineup are as follows:
- 2019 F-150 XL – $26,250
- 2019 F-150 XLT – $31,005
- 2019 F-150 Lariat – $40,545
- 2019 F-150 King Ranch – $51,235
- 2019 F-150 Platinum – $53,765
- 2019 F-150 Limited – $65,980
- 2019 F-150 Raptor – $54450 (original MSRP as applicable discounts do not apply)
Ford looking to keep its spot at the top
The full-size pickup truck segment is highly competitive and extremely lucrative for automakers. Ford has been at the forefront of pickup sales for decades, known for its best-selling pickups. But Ford’s competition is ready to dethrone the F-150, with the Chevrolet Silverado, GMC Sierra, and Dodge Ram all vying for the spot with their own incentive programs. Ford isn’t ready to give up that spot just yet, producing even more impressive pickups as we speak. In fact, Ford has even been producing an all-electric F-150 that will be hitting the roads soon.
Even with a sales decrease of just over 1% in the second quarter of 2019, Ford is making moves to ensure it will remain the “undisputed leader” by increasing its discounts on F-150s after already offering significant markdowns in July, according to Ford Authority. So if a brand-new Ford F-150 is on your dream list, you may never get a better chance at a heavily-discounted, best-selling pickup truck.