Wow, the 2021 Ford F-150 towing and payload numbers have been released. It looks like the Ford F-150 is on track for maintaining the best in class towing and payload power. Check out how strong this truck is.
The 2021 Ford F-150 towing and payload capacities
It’s been a long wait since the 2021 Ford F-150 made its debut without releasing its official specs. Now, after months of waiting, we know that the Ford F-150 isn’t short on power. The Ford F-150 can tow up to 14,000 lb when properly equipped. It can also carry a payload of up to 3,325 lb.
This is a bit of an upgrade from the 2020 Ford F-150, which could tow up to 13,2000 and carry a payload of up to 3,270 lb. To be exact, the 2021 model can tow 800 more pounds.
Also, the 2021 Ram 1500, which is the second most popular truck, can tow up to 12,750 lb and carry a payload of 2,302. So, the second place Ram 1500 is now pretty far behind the Ford F-150.
2021 Ford F-150 towing and payload specs by engine
The 2021 Ford F-150 has six engine options, including 3 gasoline V6 options, the new hybrid V6, a beefy diesel V6, and the infamous 5.0-liter V8. A few of these options were carried over from the previous model year, while some options gained up to a 25 increase in hp and 30 lb-ft of torque.
- The 2.7-liter twin-turbocharged EcoBoost V6 engine has 325 hp and 400 lb-ft of torque. It didn’t change from 2020 and can tow up to 10,100 lb. It can carry a payload of up to 2,480 lb.
- The 3.3-liter V6 engine with 290 hp and 265 lb-ft of torque was not changed and can tow up to 8,200 lb and carry a 1,985 lb payload.
- The 3.5-liter twin-turbocharged EcoBoost V6 engine now has 400 hp and 500 lb-ft of torque. It can tow up to 14,000 lb with a payload capacity of 3,250.
- The 3.5-liter PowerBoost Hybrid V6 engine has 430 hp and 570 lb-ft of torque. It can tow up to 12,700 lb. It can carry a payload of up to 2,120.
- The beefy 5.0-liter V8 engine has an increased hp of 400 and 410 lb-ft of torque. It can tow up to 13,000 lb and carry a payload of up to 3,325 lb.
- Last but not least, the 3.0-liter turbo diesel V6 has 250 hp and 440 lb-ft of torque like the previous model, and can tow up to 12,100 lb. It can carry a payload of up to 1,840 lb.
We can’t wait to get our hands on a 2021 Ford F-150 to put its power where its mouth is. The brand new interior should make towing extremely comfortable with advanced towing features for confidence and convenience.