The Kia Telluride is a midsize SUV model produced and sold by Kia Motors. Named after the town of Telluride, Colorado, it is the largest vehicle that Kia has made for the U.S. and is sized and priced above the Kia Sorento.
The Kia Telluride was first introduced to the public at the New York Fashion Week in 2018. A production version of the Telluride followed and premiered at the 2019 North American International Auto Show in Detroit, Michigan. Sharing components and specifications with its cousin, the Hyundai Palisade, the Kia Telluride differs in that it is only made in the United States and isn’t sold in South Korea, while the Palisade is built and sold locally.
Since its debut, the Kia Telluride has been an immensely popular midsize SUV pick for both critics and consumers, winning numerous awards (including 2020 World Car of the Year) and breaking sales records for Kia. In addition to the Palisade, its other competitors include the Chevrolet Traverse, the Ford Explorer, the Honda Pilot, the Subaru Ascent, and the Toyota Highlander.
- 2022 Kia Telluride (Starting MSRP $33,090)
- Pros: The Kia Telluride midsize SUV is comfortable, stylish, and packed with new and desirable features for a competitive price that makes it a wise value purchase.
- Cons: The handling of the Telluride is respectable but unexciting, and its V6 engine option could be more fuel-efficient.
- See Also: Carnival and Sorento
- How reliable is the Kia Telluride?
- How safe is the Kia Telluride?
- What are the most common problems with the Kia Telluride?
- Kia Telluride vs. Honda Pilot