The Taycan is a luxury EV produced and sold by Porsche. Headquartered in Stuttgart, Germany, the automaker specializes in high-performance sports cars and crossover SUVs. The Taycan is the brand’s first battery-electric vehicle. It is sized below the Panamera four-door luxury car and above the 911 sports car in the lineup.
Porsche introduced the Taycan in fall 2019 for the 2020 model year. Seating four or five passengers, this four-door EV comes in sedan, sport Turismo, and cross Turismo body styles. Buyers can also choose AWD or RWD and turbo models for enhanced performance.
- 2022 Porsche Taycan (Starting MSRP $82,700)
- Pros: Futuristic styling, signature Porsche performance, fuel-efficient, fast charging
- Cons: Expensive, not as fast as it could be, range can’t compete with Tesla, hard to get into and out of, two-speed transmission can be clunky
- See Also: 911
- What is Porsche Taycan’s driving range?
- How much does it cost to charge a Porsche Taycan?
- How fast is the Porsche Taycan?
- Does the Porsche Taycan qualify for the federal EV tax credit?
- How much does a fully loaded 2022 Porsche Taycan cost?
Visit the Porsche USA website.