The Taycan is a luxury EV produced and sold by Porsche. Headquartered in Stuttgart, Germany, the automaker specializes in high-performance sports cars and crossover SUVs. The Taycan is the brand’s first battery-electric vehicle. It is sized below the Panamera four-door luxury car and above the 911 sports car in the lineup.
Porsche introduced the Taycan in fall 2019 for the 2020 model year. Seating four or five passengers, this four-door EV comes in sedan, sport Turismo, and cross Turismo body styles. Buyers can also choose AWD or RWD and turbo models for enhanced performance.
Competitors include the Audi e-tron GT, Mercedes-Benz EQS-Class, and Tesla Model S.
- 2022 Porsche Taycan (Starting MSRP $82,700)
- Pros: Futuristic styling, signature Porsche performance, fuel-efficient, fast charging
- Cons: Expensive, not as fast as it could be, range can’t compete with Tesla, hard to get into and out of, two-speed transmission can be clunky
- See Also: 911
- What is Porsche Taycan’s driving range?
- How much does it cost to charge a Porsche Taycan?
- How fast is the Porsche Taycan?
- Does the Porsche Taycan qualify for the federal EV tax credit?
- How much does a fully loaded 2022 Porsche Taycan cost?
Disappointing 2021 Porsche Taycan 4S Specs Can’t Ruin Its Electrifying Ride
2022 Taycan GTS Sport Turismo: Electric Porsche Perfected
Dwayne Johnson Could Not Fit Into His Porsche Taycan While Filming ‘Red Notice’
These Cars Have the Worst Visibility According to Consumer Reports
The New 2022 Porsche Taycan Color Is the 90s Trend We Needed
Visit the Porsche USA website.