The Toyota MR2 is a mid-engine, rear-wheel-drive sports car built in Japan and sold worldwide from 1984 to 2007. Its final model year in the United States was 2005. Toyota produced three generations: W10 (1984 to 1989), W20 (1990 to 1999), and W30 (2000 to 2007).
The lightweight two-seater was available in two-door coupe, T-top, and convertible body styles depending upon the model year. It offered a unique blend of performance, affordability, and fuel economy. But the automaker discontinued the car due to flagging sales. However, recent rumors suggest a new MR2 could debut in 2024.
- 2005 Toyota MR2 (Starting around $15,000)
- Pros: This fun, fuel-efficient sports car boasts zippy handling and an affordable purchase price.
- Cons: It isn’t an ideal daily driver due to its limited seating, cargo space, and safety features.
- See Also: Supra
- The Best Way to Get Power Out of a Toyota MR2 Spyder
- How Does the Toyota MR2 Spyder Actually Compare to the Lotus Elise?
- A $5000 1991 Toyota MR2 Is Cheap Mid-Engine RWD Fun
- Why the Toyota MR2 Is So Dangerous
Visit the Toyota website.