The Porsche Macan is a luxury compact crossover SUV produced and sold by Dr.-Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG, otherwise known as Porsche. Headquartered in Stuttgart, Germany, the automobile manufacturer focuses on high-performance sports cars, SUVs, and sedans. The Macan is the smallest SUV model in the carmaker’s lineup. It is sized and priced below the Porsche Cayenne mid-size crossover luxury SUV.
In 2013, the production version of the Macan debuted at the Los Angeles Auto Show and Tokyo Motor Show. The first models went on sale in Europe in spring 2014, followed by the United States later that spring for the 2015 model year.
Built on the VW Group MLB platform, the Macan is in its first generation. Its competitors include the Audi Q5, BMW X3, Jaguar F-Pace, Lexus NX, and Mercedes-Benz GLC.
- 2022 Porsche Macan (Starting MSRP $54,900)
- Pros: The Macan boasts athletic handling, powerful engines, easy-to-use tech features, an upscale interior, and a sporty exterior.
- Cons: The Macan is pricier than most rivals, has a cramped back seat, and has below-average cargo space and fuel economy ratings.
- See Also: Cayenne
- How reliable is the Porsche Macan?
- The Macan is Porsche’s best-selling vehicle
- Which Porsche Macan trim level is the best?
- Should you buy a Cayenne or a Macan?
Goodbye Forever: Porsche Kills the Porsche Macan Turbo SUV
Porsche Confirms Electric Macan Destroys Taycan’s Range
Can the 2021 Audi Q5 Really Go Toe-to-Toe With a Porsche?
The Porsche Macan Tied Itself for Best Luxury SUV
The Porsche Macan Is More Capable Than You Think