Hennessey Performance Engineering (HPE) is an American automotive engineering company specializing in modifying and performance-tuning sports cars from economy and luxury car brands. However, due to successful business ventures, the company eventually produced its own limited production run of vehicles through the Hennessey Special Vehicles division.
Founded in 1991 by John Hennessey, the headquarters of HPE is located in Sealy, Texas, shortly outside of Houston. Notable brands and models that Hennessey has worked with in the past include Bentley, Cadillac, Dodge, Ferrari, Ford, Lotus, McLaren, Porsche, and many more. In addition to performance tune-ups, Hennessey has created the Venom (based on the Dodge Viper), the Venom GT (based on the Lotus Exige), the Exorcist (based on the Chevy Camaro), and the VelociRaptor (based on the Ford Raptor).
Featured Vehicle: Venom
About Abarth | Brabus | Hellcat | Lingenfelter
Notable Hennessey Vehicles:
- Comfort: The Hennessey Ford Bronco VelociRaptor Sounds Like a Wild Ride
- Performance: Hennessey Venom F5 Will Make 1,817 HP on Its Way to 300 MPH
- Reliability: 5 of the Most Extreme Modified Trucks You Can Buy
- Safety: Here are 5 of the Biggest Pickup Trucks Ever Made
- Technology: Hennessey Goliath 800: When Your Supercharged Truck Needs More Juice