The Genesis G80 is a midsize luxury executive sedan model produced and sold by the luxury automaker Genesis Motor. One of Genesis’s three sedan models, the G80 is priced and sized above the Genesis G70 compact executive sedan and below the Genesis G90 full-size executive sedan.
The Genesis G80 was first developed as a second generation of the Hyundai Genesis executive luxury sedan, which began production in 2013. When the Hyundai Genesis received a facelift for its 2017 model year, it made its debut as the Genesis G80 at the 2016 North American International Auto Show, now separated from Hyundai and placed into the newly founded Genesis division of luxury vehicles.
The Genesis G80 is now in its second generation and has an electrified version released in South Korea, with the EV set to arrive in the U.S. soon. The competitors of the Genesis G80 include the Acura RLX, the Audi A7, the BMW 5 Series, the Cadillac CT5, the Mercedes-Benz E-Class, and the Volvo S90.
- 2022 Genesis G80 (Starting MSRP $48,000)
- Pros: The Genesis G80 midsize executive sedan is packed with features, is priced very competitively for its class, and has a premium and comfortable cabin design.
- Cons: The G80 isn’t as performance-packed as some rivals, and its exterior design looks too similar to a regular Hyundai for some.
- See Also: G70 and G90
- How fuel-efficient is the Genesis G80?
- How safe is the Genesis G80?
- What are the most common problems of the Genesis G80?
- Genesis G80 vs. Genesis G90
You Can Buy This Super Safe Luxury Sedan for Under $50,000
Consumers Aren’t Sold on the 2020 Genesis G80 Despite Great Reviews
Did the 2021 Genesis G80 Steal Tesla’s Homework?
The 2021 Genesis G80 Should Make the BMW 5-Series Worry
Ultra-Sleek 2022 Genesis Electrified G80 Arrives As the Brand’s First EV