The Nissan Frontier is a midsize pickup truck model produced and sold by the Nissan Motor Corporation. In the Nissan catalog, the Frontier is sized and priced below the Nissan Titan full-size pickup truck models.
For its first and second generation from 1997 to 2021, the Nissan Frontier nameplate in America was comprised of rebadged versions of the Nissan Navara truck model from overseas, which succeeded the Nissan Hardbody (D21) truck models. It wasn’t until the 2022 model year debut of the third generation in the U.S. that a unique and standalone Frontier model was produced.
Now, as an essentially new model, the Nissan Frontier has a new chance to stand against its competitors in the midsize pickup truck class, which includes the Chevy Colorado, the Ford Ranger, the GMC Canyon, the Honda Ridgeline, the Jeep Gladiator, and the Toyota Tacoma.
- 2022 Nissan Frontier (Starting MSRP $27,840)
- Pros: The redesigned Nissan Frontier midsize pickup truck benefits from a rugged exterior, a modern and practical interior, and a more soundproof cabin. Additionally, its off-road Pro-4X model is a blast.
- Cons: The Frontier has inconsistent and heavy steering, and even its largest cabin options feel cramped.
- See Also: Titan and Titan XD
- Does the Nissan Frontier come with a manual transmission?
- How long will a Nissan Frontier last?
- How reliable is the Nissan Frontier?
- Nissan Frontier vs. GMC Canyon