The history of Fisker starts with Fisker Automotive, which was founded in 2007 and was shortly followed by the production of the Fisker Karma plug-in hybrid sports car. However, the company later went bankrupt and closed in 2014, with the rights for the Fisker Karma being sold and leading to Karma Automotive‘s Karma Revero.
Following Fisker Automotive’s closure, Fisker Inc. was founded in 2016 as a successor. No longer having the rights to its previous work, Fisker Inc. developed new EV concepts and models, including the Fisker Orbit (an autonomous electric shuttle for cities, airports, and campuses) and the company’s flagship model, the Fisker Ocean, an all-electric luxury compact SUV that’s set to launch in 2022. Other projects currently in development by Fisker include the Emotion luxury sports car and the Alaska pickup truck.
Featured Vehicle: Ocean
All Fisker Vehicles:
EMotion: A high-tech all-electric luxury sports sedan
Alaska: An all-electric pickup truck expected by 2025 at the earliest
Recently Discontinued Vehicles
- Comfort: What’s the World’s Ugliest Car?
- EVs: 2023 Fisker Ocean EV: Release Date, Price, and Specs
- Performance: Fisker Ocean Gets Extreme Off-Road Package
- Reliability: Fuel-Saver Flashback: Fisker Karma
- Safety: Bombshell: Is the Fisker Karma Co. Just One Big Fake?
- Technology: Electric SUV Manufacturer, Fisker to Go Racing