The Buick Encore is a premium subcompact SUV model produced by the upscale vehicle Buick division of General Motors. Currently, the Encore is the smallest SUV and vehicle produced by Buick. It is sized below the slightly larger Buick Encore GX compact SUV.
The Buick Encore was first introduced at the 2012 North American Auto Show in Detroit, Michigan, and went on sale at the end of the year in the 2013 model year. It was the fourth SUV built by Buick, as well as the brand’s first subcompact SUV model.
The first generation of the Buick Encore was a rebadged Opel Mokka, a German-made model. A redesigned and original second-generation of the Encore was introduced at the 2019 Shanghai Auto Show. However, the second-generation Encore will not be sold in North America, with the company instead focusing on the larger Buick Encore GX for American drivers.
- 2022 Buick Encore (Starting MSRP $24,600)
- Pros: The Buick Encore subcompact SUV provides a premium ride with smooth driving dynamics, a surprisingly spacious cabin, and cutting-edge and easy-to-use infotainment features.
- Cons: The Encore’s underpowered engine is quite slow and yet is still less fuel-efficient than its subcompact competitors. Additionally, it lacks a lot of standard safety technology features.
- See Also: Encore GX and Envision
- How luxurious is the Buick Encore?
- How safe is the Buick Encore?
- What’s the resale value of the Buick Encore?
- Buick Encore vs. Buick Encore GX