The Honda Civic is a compact sedan model produced and sold by the Honda Motor Company. However, the Civic nameplate is assigned to more than just a single model. American drivers can shop for the Civic compact sedan, the Civic hatchback, the Civic Si sports sedan, and the Civic Type R performance hatchback. Meanwhile, overseas, the Honda Civic is known by many additional names, including the Ballade, the Domani, and the Integra.
First produced in 1972 as a subcompact car, the Honda Civic was the first mainline success in the automotive market for the Honda Motor Company, which led it toward its monolith status in the car industry today. Shortly after its release and initial accolades, the Civic was joined by the Honda Accord, which both still exist today as hallmarks of the brand.
Now on its 11th generation, which premiered in April 2021 and released in September 2021, the Honda Civic sedan and hatchback models have sold over 18 million units worldwide. Currently, it faces competition from the Hyundai Elantra, the Mazda3, the Toyota Corolla, and the Volkswagen Jetta.
- 2022 Honda Civic Sedan (Starting MSRP $21,900)
- 2022 Honda Civic Hatchback (Starting MSRP $22,900)
- Pros: The Honda Civic sedan is a reliable and comfortable compact sedan with an affordable price tag and brand-new attractive redesign, in and out.
- Cons: Most of the best technology features are locked off at the Civic’s higher trims levels. Additionally, the sedan model no longer offers a manual transmission option. Furthermore, the Civic still doesn’t have a hybrid option, meaning drivers looking for something more eco-friendly will need to upgrade to the larger (and more expensive) Accord.
- See Also: Accord, Clarity, and Insight
- How reliable is the Honda Civic?
- How safe is the Honda Civic?
- Does the Honda Civic have a manual transmission?
- What’s the difference between the Civic and the Insight?
These Are the Top 5 Reasons You Should Care About the 2022 Honda Civic
The 2022 Honda Civic Finally has a Sound System Worth Listening To
Can the 2022 Honda Civic Hold More Cargo Than the 2022 Ford Maverick?
Consumer Reports: Mixed Feelings About the 2022 Honda Civic
2022 Honda Civic vs. Toyota Corolla: Which Sedan Is Faster?