Buick is an American automotive manufacturing division of General Motors. Buick is primarily known in the modern era for offering premium upscale models, providing a compromise in quality between the economy cars of Chevrolet and the luxury vehicles of Cadillac.
As one of the first American automakers, the company was founded in 1899 as the Buick Auto-Vim and Power Company in Detroit, Michigan. Although the company made a few one-off vehicles in its early years, it was primarily focused on producing stationary and marine engines. However, the company changed its name to the Buick Motor Company in 1903 and commenced automobile production in 1904 after moving to the city of Flint.
In 1908, General Motors was founded as a holding company, taking inspiration from General Electric. Buick was integrated as the first manufacturer and was later joined by Oldsmobile, Cadillac, and many other automotive marques over the years.
Despite being an infamous American automotive brand, the current lineup of Buick vehicles is most successfully marketed in China, where roughly 80% of Buick models are sold.
Featured Vehicle: Encore GX
All Buick Vehicles:
Encore: A premium subcompact crossover SUV and the smallest Buick model
Encore GX: A slighter larger version of the Encore with more cabin and cargo space
Envision: A premium compact SUV model packed with features
Enclave: This premium full-size SUV is the largest and most expensive model currently offered by the Buick brand
Recently Discontinued Vehicles
Cascada: An upscale and sporty convertible roadster
LaCrosse: A premium midsize sedan that succeeded the Century and Skylark
Regal: A Buick nameplate assigned to a lineup of builds, including a sedan, Sportback, and station wagon
- Comfort: The 2021 Buick Enclave Is Consumer Reports’ Top Luxury Midsize SUV Pick
- EVs and Hybrids: The Buick Electra EV: A More Stylish Tesla Cybertruck, but Only for China
- Performance: 10 Buicks That Put Performance First
- Reliability: Buick Made Big Strides in Reliability This Year According to Consumer Reports
- Safety: The 2022 Buick Enclave Is Safer Than It’s Ever Been Before
- Technology: The 2020 Buick Enclave Is Packed With Noise-Reduction Technology