The Toyota 86 is the affordable sports car of your dreams, offering top-tier looks and handling for an entry-level price so even the average driver can experience excellence on the road.
Initially created as a concept model, the Toyota 86 would first debut at the 2011 Tokyo Motor Show. However, when the model first went on sale in early 2021, it was not branded as a Toyota. In fact, it was branded as two different vehicles outside of the Toyota catalog: the Scion FR-S and the Subaru BRZ.
In early 2016, Toyota decided to retire the Scion brand. However, it wanted to keep many of the Scion lineup models and rebranded them as new Toyota models. And so, the Scion FR-S was reborn as the very first 2016 Toyota 86.
- 2020 Toyota 86 (Starting MSRP: $27,060)
- Pros: The Toyota 86 is an affordable and stylish ride with tight and responsive handling and more cargo space than you would expect from a sports car.
- Cons: The approachable price tag of the Toyota 86 comes with some disadvantages, such as less power and features than its more expensive competitors.
- See Also: GR 86 and GR Supra
- How fast is the Toyota 86?
- How powerful is the Toyota 86?
- Is the Toyota 86 the same car as the Subaru BRZ?
- What is the Toyota GR 86?