Stay-at-home or shelter-in-place orders from various municipalities across the country have taken hold with varying degrees of success in recent weeks. Still, some people that are not servicing essential functions choose to venture out. In an effort to encourage Americans to stay home during the COVID-19 outbreak, FCA has announced a new campaign across its Alfa Romeo, Chrysler, Dodge, Fiat, Jeep, and Ram brands.
Goal of the Campaign
The goal of the campaign is to not only encourage people to stay off the road but also to celebrate those that are doing their part on the frontlines to combat the spread of the virus. In a press release that came out this morning, the Chief Marketing Officer for FCA had this to say,
“We want to send messages of hope, solidarity and optimism to everyone who is doing their part to combat the spread of the virus, for the people staying at home and to those working on the frontlines,” said Olivier Francois, Chief Marketing Officer, FCA. “Our goal as an automotive company is to encourage all Americans whose current conditions allow them to stay off the road to now do so, so that we can get back on it that much sooner.”
The Stay Off The Road campaign will begin today, and each brand will feature individual hashtags, as well as the #StayOffTheRoad hashtag. Per the press release,
- “#StayOffTheRoad – Jeep, the ultimate off-road and adventure brand founded during adversity, asks owners, fans, friends and followers to stay off the road, rallying the community and fueling the American spirit
- Jeep brand’s #StayOffTheRoad “Same Day” video launches today, April 10, and features Bill Murray once again as Phil Connors from the brand’s “Groundhog Day” Super Bowl spot
- Ram Truck honors all workers essential in keeping our country safe and healthy, including first responders, health care workers, farmers, and utility and delivery workers, asking owners to #WorkFORHome
- Dodge brand’s social media campaign #TheMuscleBehindUs honors those in the Brotherhood of Muscle who serve as first responders and others on the frontline of the pandemic
- Chrysler brand’s #PacificaCampOut with Kathryn Hahn gives families ideas on how to use their Pacifica to keep the kids entertained, using it as an opportunity to get “Fresh Air” for parents without leaving the confines of their driveway
- Alfa Romeo, the Italian performance and racing brand, says we are #MorePowerfulInPark
- FIAT brand shows solidarity both at home and abroad with its global community with #WeAreItaly social media campaign
- Campaigns will also tag #StayAtHome as part of their individual efforts”
FCA also uses the opportunity to say that in their own efforts to support coronavirus relief efforts have included converting a plant to make one million face masks per month for first responders, providing one million meals for school children, and support for providers of personal protective equipment, or PPE.
People are using the internet more during this global pandemic quarantine period. So, it only makes sense that FCA efforts will reach across social media platforms around the world. For those suffering from the stir-crazy cabin fever of quarantine, maybe this campaign will at least put a smile on people’s faces.