Recall: Toyota Recalls 6 Million Vehicles For Fuel Pump Failures
Earlier this year Toyota announced a safety recall for almost 700,000 Lexus and Toyota cars. This was for fuel pump failures. Soon it had added over one million vehicles to the original recall. Now it is adding another 1.52 million Lexus and Toyota models from the US. This involves certain vehicles built between 2013, and last month. In all Toyota will be recalling six million vehicles for fuel pump failures.
Toyota says that warning lights and audible warnings will sound off
Obviously, if the fuel pump stops working the vehicle can come to a stop no matter where it is. It then won’t be able to be retarted. Toyota says that warning lights and audible warnings will sound off but by the time this happens the vehicle has already stopped. The original notifications of a recall were sent out in January of this year. The second list that expanded the recall was in March. This latest addition to the recall will notify owners by December.
Here is the long list of vehicles involved in the Toyota recall:
- 2013-2015 Lexus LS 460
- 2013-2015 Lexus GS 350
- 2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser, Lexus IS-F
- 2014-2015 Toyota 4Runner, Land Cruiser
- 2014-2015 Lexus GX 460, IS 350, LX 570
- 2015 Lexus NX 200t, RC 350
- 2017 Lexus IS 200t, RC 200t GS 200t
- 2017-2019 Toyota Highlander; Lexus GS 350
- 2017-2020 Toyota Sienna and Lexus RX 350
- 2018-2019 Toyota 4Runner, Land Cruiser
- 2018-2019 Lexus GS 300, GX 460, IS 300, IS 350, LS 500h, LX 570, NX 300, RC 300, RC 350
- 2018-2020 Toyota Avalon, Camry, Corolla, Sequoia, Tacoma, Tundra
- 2018-2020 Lexus ES 350, LC 500, LC 500h, LS 500, RX 350L
- 2019 Toyota Corolla Hatchback and Lexus UX 200
- 2019-2020 Toyota RAV4
The dealership will install an improved fuel pump
Owners should take their affected vehicle into the dealership which will install an improved fuel pump. The replacement is free of charge. If you have any questions you can call the Toyota Brand Experience Center at 800.331.4331. The folks there will gladly help with any concerns you may have.
To be honest it looks like virtually every Toyota and Lexus model made between 2013 and last month is affected. Everything from the Avalon and Lexus LC 500 coupes to FJ Cruisers, Land Cruisers, and Tacoma pickups.